DBSTalk Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Hall Of Fame
6,039 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Yesterday, I noticed a recent recording on my HR20-700 that I did not record and neither did my wife. The recording made absolutely no sense either..

It was recorded yesterday (7/31) from the Science Channel HD at 3pm. The program title was "Angels at Red Sox" and recorded for 34 minutes. The actual program was a show about robots or something.

For one thing, I didn't set up any recordings yesterday. There was no baseball game on the Science Channel HD, and why did it record for 34 minutes?

I find this total absurd and very curious as to why my unit recorded a program without user input. Plus the guide data (title of the program) was totally wrong.

Has this happened to any of you guys? No idea if this is a firmware issue (I currently have the latest CE update) or totally unrelated, so I don't know where to post this.

Puzzled...

·
Hall Of Fame
6,039 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
No idea how this recording happened. I did not have my HR20-700 networked at the time and no one was home. I found this recording to be very odd. If I had programmed something to record and it missed it or recorded the wrong channel, that would be one thing, but recording a program on its own on a channel with the wrong guide data is beyond weird.

I would guess it was a big-time bug. It only happened once, but still weird.

·
Hall Of Fame
6,039 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
This exact same thing happened Friday morning again. All of a sudden a 22 minute (incomplete) recording on Science Channel HD at 3*AM. Title says Yankees at Angels. Actual program is a show about crafts. What the heck is going on?

I guess the good thing is that it isn't trying to record a 12 hour HD block that ends up eating through my hard drive and deleting older shows.

Still very weird that it even happens at all since no recording was even programmed for the days that it happens.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.