DBSTalk Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Icon
569 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Had the D* guy out here this morning to hook up a standard DVR in my mother's bedroom. When he got here, he went into her room. A few seconds later he comes down and tells me he can't make the DVR work the way we want it to. Apparently there is only one line running up to my moms bedroom, and the installer didn't see any way possible to add a second line. We have a wrap around (three season) porch and he said that is the main problem for putting in the second line. SOFB!!!

· The Shadow Knows!
36,634 Posts
I don't know how far you want to pursue this but if you got an R22 DVR (only available in some markets right now) and a single-wire multiswitch it will work.

Also you can run a DVR with only one line should you wish to do so.

· I used to be a rocket scientist
11,448 Posts
There's always a way to add a second line, it just may be too much trouble to make it happen. My son's room is upstairs over the garage and there's no way to run the second line without drilling though brick or through the floor and then the ceiling of the garage, and then a bunch of walls. So for now he's using the HR20 with one tuner until I get around to getting a SWM. :)

· Hall Of Fame
3,682 Posts
Stuart Sweet said:
I don't know how far you want to pursue this but if you got an R22 DVR (only available in some markets right now) and a single-wire multiswitch it will work.
Would also work if he got a R16. But he'd also have gotten a ka/ku 5 LNB dish to upgrade to SWM.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.