they are going to install on saturday
done deal

not wanting to pay 300 for nfl package was the deciding factor

it also was cheaper

:p

·
Lifetime Achiever
21,332 Posts
Dude! Not just because the Steelers had a rotten season? Have a bit of faith...;)

On a more serious side, I understand. I wish you good luck (just as I wish everyone here good luck).

And as person of Scottish backround, I very much appreciate being thrifty. :)
Tom

·
Cool Member
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
tibber said:
Dude! Not just because the Steelers had a rotten season? Have a bit of faith...;)

On a more serious side, I understand. I wish you good luck (just as I wish everyone here good luck).

And as person of Scottish backround, I very much appreciate being thrifty. :)
Tom
were still the champs!!
theres always next year
My biddy gets the ticket every year so i have a rason to get over there every week

for me it was the high def programming
7 channels compared to 27

·
Lifetime Achiever
21,332 Posts
SteelersXL said:
were still the champs!!
theres always next year
My biddy gets the ticket every year so i have a rason to get over there every week

for me it was the high def programming
7 channels compared to 27
You are still the Champs, your QB did ya wrong and then got sick to boot.

And as a lifelong Packers fan, born and bred in the land of America's Dairyland, I know the ups and downs of "there's always next year". :)

I'm going to be spending more time reading posts on the Dish side, so I'm sure we'll see each other still. :)

Cheers,
Tom

·
Hall Of Fame
1,765 Posts
The amount of HD programming almost got me to switch as well. The reasons I stayed.

1) D* made me an offer I could not refuse.
2) The 119 sat is not a good one for me and this is where E* has all of their HD content
3) By next Summer D* claims they will have the most HD prgramming.

·
Mentor
49 Posts
Still flipping the coin deceiding wether to switch to Dish or not. Trouble with the local HDs.
Also disapointed on the Stillers, was in the 'Burgh when Big Ben crashed his bike, the whole city shut down.

·
Godfather
279 Posts
SteelersXL said:
I cancelled my hr20 and directv and went with dish network
they are going to install on saturday
done deal

not wanting to pay 300 for nfl package was the deciding factor

it also was cheaper

:p
You might want to reword that to they might install on Saturday. I had installs for an upgrade to the VIP622 scheduled 2 different times directly through E*. Both times their installer never showed up. Both times I called, I wound up with a CSR who barely spoke English and didn't have a clue why the install was not done. When I took the problem to the next level where they speak English, the CSR said this was a common problem, but no one was the least bit concerned that I wasted 16 hours waiting for an install until I canceled and went with D*. Sure the HR20 has some issues, but D*'s customer service is way more professional and even D*'s SD channels look much better, using the same TVs, than E*'s ever did. Add in HDMI problems with the VIP622 and that reception problem with the 129 satellite for the HD channels and I'd have to wonder if you are gaining anything but a few VOOM channels that you might get if the signal doesn't fade. Oh and that money you'll be saving, they'll raise your rates right in the middle of your contract. I hope you are happy with them, but I figure I wasted almost 2 years with them when I could have been using D* and had a decent service.

·
Cool Member
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Directv service is the same way
why are they any better
I had a missed appointment for them otherwise i would have had them in on saturday
we'll see but to me it six in one and half a dozen the other(+20 more HD channels)

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.