DBSTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Icon
545 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
After 2 months of nearly perfect performance, the HR20 came up and bit me in the ass!!

I get home yesturday and I find all my MPEG4 chnls mysteriosly missing from the guide! OK, this has hsppened once or twice with the H20. I'll just add them back in!
Add them in, go to highlite done, froze!!! non responsive, give it about 3 mins, red button reset! (Notice they changed the startup screen msg somewhere along the way) Comes back up, record lite comes on and I noticed it was recording Ohio st vs Mich, I asked my son if he had scheduled it to record, he said no!
I had scheduled BC vs MARYLAND, so I checked, it was in the playlist so I started to watch, FROZE agian! RED BUTTON RESET! Comes back, no MPEG4 chnl in guide agian, decided to add later and just watch Ohio st. / Mich, while watching, BSOD, remote still works, MPEG2 chnls ok, blank screen on all MPEG4! B4 I do reset, MPEG4 chnl comes back for about 30 secs then picture freezes, system lockup!
Powerdown reset, no further lockups the rest of the night!
I know some people were complaining about the noisy hard drive, I never heard it until last night, It sounded to me the thing was struggling to stay alive!

Now I'm not home today, I have a scheduled ST HD recording of the PATS vs PACKERS game! I will not be happy if when I get home I can't sit down and watch a perfect recording of that game!

TO THINK, I WAS JUST ABOUT TO GO OUT AND BUY ANOTHER ONE !:eek2:

·
Mentor
49 Posts
Same here yesterday. A brief message 'downloading guide data' appeared. Then I lost my MPEG4 from the guide and had to set everything up again. Then blue screen and had to reboot. This was on an HR20 I've had for a while. I just had 2 new HR20 delivered Friday and on of them had the same problem and had to reboot.

·
Legend
101 Posts
Had the same thing happen right in the middle of the OSU/MU game. Hit both the HR20 and the H20. I think DTV had s problem with the MPEG4 birds or at least in some markets for a bit yesterday.

·
Icon
600 Posts
I didn't lose my locals, but I did have to red button reset yesterday morning when I first turned the TV on and the box wouldn't respond to any remote control button presses. This is ridiculous! If new software is downloaded, then doesn't the box reset itself?

I never remember having to manually reset the TiVo unless I knew that it had downloaded new software and was awaiting the 2:00am reboot, and I just wanted to start using the new software immediately. I also never remember having an unresponsive remote, yet after two months with a non-TiVo DVR, it happens almost daily.

·
Icon
600 Posts
Argee said:
Had the same thing happen right in the middle of the OSU/MU game. Hit both the HR20 and the H20. I think DTV had s problem with the MPEG4 birds or at least in some markets for a bit yesterday.
That actallymight be true, because I had the same problem somewhere in the second quarter where my local HD channel here in Florida went to SD for a while.

·
Banned
1,199 Posts
We lost our local HD channels here in Philly this morning too, out for 10-15 mins. I scrambled to to our R10 (Tivo) box to schedule the Eagles-Titans game. You also can use the SD version on the HR20, in case the local HD channels go out again. But I use a completely difference machine to be safe.

On and on it goes. Seems like the HR20 doesn't react well when local HD channels go out during a recording, or something like that.

·
Impossible Dreamer
5,525 Posts
NFLnut said:
That actallymight be true, because I had the same problem somewhere in the second quarter where my local HD channel here in Florida went to SD for a while.
Yeah, I watched the game OTA and there was a problem at one point where the HD feed "burped" during a replay and the game dropped back to SD for a short period. Whether that caused issues with the MPEG4 version, I don't know.

·
Banned
614 Posts
iceman2a said:
After 2 months of nearly perfect performance, the HR20 came up and bit me in the ass!!

I get home yesturday and I find all my MPEG4 chnls mysteriosly missing from the guide! OK, this has hsppened once or twice with the H20. I'll just add them back in!
Add them in, go to highlite done, froze!!! non responsive, give it about 3 mins, red button reset! (Notice they changed the startup screen msg somewhere along the way) Comes back up, record lite comes on and I noticed it was recording Ohio st vs Mich, I asked my son if he had scheduled it to record, he said no!
I had scheduled BC vs MARYLAND, so I checked, it was in the playlist so I started to watch, FROZE agian! RED BUTTON RESET! Comes back, no MPEG4 chnl in guide agian, decided to add later and just watch Ohio st. / Mich, while watching, BSOD, remote still works, MPEG2 chnls ok, blank screen on all MPEG4! B4 I do reset, MPEG4 chnl comes back for about 30 secs then picture freezes, system lockup!
Powerdown reset, no further lockups the rest of the night!
I know some people were complaining about the noisy hard drive, I never heard it until last night, It sounded to me the thing was struggling to stay alive!

Now I'm not home today, I have a scheduled ST HD recording of the PATS vs PACKERS game! I will not be happy if when I get home I can't sit down and watch a perfect recording of that game!

TO THINK, I WAS JUST ABOUT TO GO OUT AND BUY ANOTHER ONE !:eek2:
Another member mentioned they had the problem also, so it may not be the receiver but a glitch in the stream, but I personally didn't have any problems with my HR20. Programs recorded as they were supposed to.

·
Mentor
41 Posts
cybrsurfer said:
Another member mentioned they had the problem also, so it may not be the receiver but a glitch in the stream, but I personally didn't have any problems with my HR20. Programs recorded as they were supposed to.
Trust me, its just a matter of time before your HR20 does something funky.....

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.