DBSTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Super Moderator
53,500 Posts
Let's not do this.

900,000 posts saying "I lost it" would be interesting but unneeded.

·
Icon
643 Posts
James Long said:
Let's not do this.

Actually, what we need is for people to post if their Distants were not turned off ! :D

( Although you might want to post anonymously :D )

·
Super Moderator
53,500 Posts
I thought about that ---- perhaps tomorrow night after E* has had a chance to finish up the changes.

BTW: I find it interesting that the same company that claimed to need 120 days to shut off distants to 900,000 customers noted in a court filing today that half of their customers have already been shut off an the rest would be shut off on time. :)

·
Icon
643 Posts
James Long said:
I thought about that ---- perhaps tomorrow night after E* has had a chance to finish up the changes.

BTW: I find it interesting that the same company that claimed to need 120 days to shut off distants to 900,000 customers noted in a court filing today that half of their customers have already been shut off an the rest would be shut off on time. :)
They did not say that it could not be done - just that it could not be done in a way that would not impact the customers.

For example, in my area, distants were shut off several days before the first available appointment for an installation of the required second dish.

And, the weather right now makes it hard to install a dish or an OTA antenna (see my avatar).

Also, I happened to call Dish this evening to try and get a billing correction, and each action by the rep required being on hold for 10-15 minutes - the whole thing was far more ponderous than the same sort of action when done only a few months ago.

So, the large number of calls is indeed affecting any customer who needs CS rep service.

·
Hall Of Fame
3,180 Posts
My distants were shut off early, almost three weeks ago. I checked the 'recent activity' on line, I was credited a couple of hours after the shut off. I didn't have to deal with csr's.

·
Hall Of Fame
2,114 Posts
James Long said:
I lost it.

The interesting part is that I managed to not be charged more, but exactly the same amount, after they dropped 6 channels. I had the old grandfathered $11.99 for distants, supers, and locals. Apparently, if a change is made (distants go poof), you no longer qualify for $8.99 for locals and supers and they become $5.99 each. If I didn't have a separate $1.50 each month for KCBS (SD), I'd actually be charged more each month now that distants are gone. People should check their bills online.

Last bill:
NETWORK PACKAGE WITH PBS 11.99
CBS NETWORK-WESTERN FEED 1.5
CBS HIGH DEFINITION EAST 0.0

Current Activity:
11/30 11/30 NETWORK PACKAGE WITH PBS 11/30 TO 01/09 -16.22
11/30 11/30 SACRAMENTO CA LOCALS 11/30 TO 01/09 8.11
11/30 11/30 CBS NETWORK-WESTERN FEED 11/30 TO 01/09 -2.03
11/30 11/30 PBS NETWORK 11/30 TO 01/09 2.03
11/30 11/30 SUPERSTATION PACKAGE 11/30 TO 01/09 8.11

·
Mentor
33 Posts
Ever since I first subscribed to Dish in September 1997 I've had both east and west coast feeds from the broadcast networks. In fact, that was one of my deciding factors because my locals -- which required a very expensive OTA antenna on a 40 foot tower with a rotator -- were so amateur as to be essentially useless.

Then, sadly, as predicted yesterday they disappeared, presumably forever.

Interesting, though, that I still get the national PBS feed...

·
Super Moderator
53,500 Posts
Bowlin said:
Interesting, though, that I still get the national PBS feed...
PBS was not covered by the injunction.

·
Legend
145 Posts
Not only are my distants gone but Dish has also raised my bill.
Was 11.99 for local, west coast feeds and superstations. (And before you ask I am in a gray area and did qualify for distants) Now my bill will be 5.99 for locals + 5.99 for superstations + 1.50 for PBS

Not sure how CABill got by, just lucky I quess.

Anyone having any luck getting Dish to offer a 625 for no upfront cost?

Thanks,
Denis

·
2 Posts
Actually, what we need is for people to post if their Distants were not turned off !

Well, mine were still on as of 6:30 am EST. I have no local ABC in my area (which
I know makes no difference) which will be a problem since the USC game is on ABC tommorrow. Unfortunally I cannot tell when they went off or if they have even gone off yet since we are in the midst of a snowstorm here and I lost power at my house. Luckily my parents have power so I can browse the net. But like I said I still had my LA and Chicago ABC Networks at 6:30 am today.

·
Hall Of Fame
1,086 Posts
I have emailed NPS to see if they are going to be offering HD stations. I have an HD waiver for CBS due to the fact that the local here is SD LP. In fact have also asked about ABC as well it is woned by the same company and is also SD LP but always has hum bars rolling up the pix.

1 - 20 of 41 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.