Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Icon
643 Posts
James Long said:
Let's not do this.

900,000 posts saying "I lost it" would be interesting but unneeded.
Actually, what we need is for people to post if their Distants were not turned off ! :D

( Although you might want to post anonymously :D )

·
Icon
643 Posts
James Long said:
I thought about that ---- perhaps tomorrow night after E* has had a chance to finish up the changes.

BTW: I find it interesting that the same company that claimed to need 120 days to shut off distants to 900,000 customers noted in a court filing today that half of their customers have already been shut off an the rest would be shut off on time. :)
They did not say that it could not be done - just that it could not be done in a way that would not impact the customers.

For example, in my area, distants were shut off several days before the first available appointment for an installation of the required second dish.

And, the weather right now makes it hard to install a dish or an OTA antenna (see my avatar).

Also, I happened to call Dish this evening to try and get a billing correction, and each action by the rep required being on hold for 10-15 minutes - the whole thing was far more ponderous than the same sort of action when done only a few months ago.

So, the large number of calls is indeed affecting any customer who needs CS rep service.

·
Icon
643 Posts
Ohioankev said:
It also seems from reading the boards even if you had Distants but LiL is availible to you in your area you cannot get distants from this company. (I could be wrong, as i don't have LiL so I don't know what is up with that situation)
No, the actual situation seems to be that if you subscribe to LIL then you cannot get NPS Distants.
Just LIL being offered is not relevant.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.