DBSTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
21 - 40 of 41 Posts

·
Hall Of Fame
2,114 Posts
poeppe said:
Not sure how CABill got by, just lucky I quess.
I didn't exactly "get by". I'm in the same boat as you in that DISH charges more for NOT having distants than I paid having them. In addition to the $11.99 for NY, Supers, and Locals, I paid another $1.50 for the LA CBS. It was good for Raider games for many years, and for whatever reason, the CBS owned local in Sacramento runs primetime as 7-10PM. The LA CBS is a normal 8-11PM and allowed timer conflict resolutions. The only reason I "broke even" to NOT get the canceled distants was I was already paying the $1.50 that is now suddenly being charged for PBS. National PBS had been included for free for all these years in the grandfathered package, but it isn't free now and DISH isn't notifying anybody about PBS or that their bill doesn't go down (a penny doesn't count to me) when distants are removed.

I was expecting to drop from $11.99 to $8.99 (what someone that has had Locals and Supers on the old package pays). Locals + Supers is now $11.98. If you cancel PBS, you will save a penny each and every month to no longer have distants. DISH could have REALLY handled this billing side a lot better.

·
Hall Of Fame
2,114 Posts
Bowlin said:
Interesting, though, that I still get the national PBS feed...
If you had all 4 networks from a distant city and also weren't in a Grade B of PBS OTA, you got the National included. Lots of people couldn't get the National PBS but could get distants. You can continue to get the National PBS, but you are now paying $1.50/month. Under the old stuff, some people could pay the $1.50 all this time and won't be effected. But if you got it for free like I did, they started charging you for it. You can cancel it to save the $1.50, but you WON'T be able to add it back - at least I won't. For me, it was tightly coupled with distants and the coupling came loose.

·
Hall Of Fame
1,086 Posts
1 in my area has been missed, I have checked him and he still has CBS HD NY. So we will see if he last or get's hit soon. My guess it has to do w/ authorization #. Those w/ a higher #'s haven't gotten taken down yet by accident.

·
Legend
230 Posts
ehren said:
%&(*#(%*&@#(*%&@%&^(**(%^(_*#%(*@#&@*_^*()+^&#(!
^@^%&@#^%)#^%)#@^%)*(@#^%)*#@^%*)#^%*&#@^%*&#@%
%^#^#@*&%@#*&%^#&%^y#!%y)#!y#)%)&#@^y%&(#@)y%
@#%@#%^
#@%#@
^[email protected]^$^$#^[email protected]
^#[email protected]
^#[email protected]^
@#$
^@#$^
@#$^
@#^
@#$^

**** i'm gonna miss Jillian on Good Day LA
No CBSHD/NY today.

So sad. Meanwhile, Britney remains a tramp, the war in Iraq continues and OU and the NAB still suck. Especially the NAB.

In the grand scheme, not much has changed.

Hook'em in '07!

·
Legend
214 Posts

------
I still have ABC-W but my FOX has been taken off by the other company ....

So, I have ABC-W on 246, ABC/WSB on 5735, ABC/KGO on 5736 (isn't that illegal dish, giving me more than two distant feeds of one network)

But the FOX channels i was eligible for on 5737, and 5738 are off my reciever as of Tuesday. After being billed for them on Sat. So far Dish Nets "Third Party" has ripped me off $5.00 USD. I'm kind of bitter. At least Standoff (the show i missed due to people being idiots) will be uploaded to FOX's MySpace soon.

cj9788 said:
Weird I lost my DNS on 11/30 and all of my recorded content from last week is still there.

·
Super Moderator
53,505 Posts
Ohioankev said:
So, I have ABC-W on 246, ABC/WSB on 5735, ABC/KGO on 5736 (isn't that illegal dish, giving me more than two distant feeds of one network)
5735 and 5736 are not being offered by E*, they are being offered by NPS. :)

But 246 should be gone. They must have missed your account/receiver.

·
Legend
214 Posts
James Long said:

But 246 should be gone. They must have missed your account/receiver.
yeah I don't get it they removed CBS-W and FOX-W by December 2nd but ABC-W is still there, my dish is connected to the phoneline, and i update every morning at 6:00 am.

Good point about the the channel 5000's they aren't offered by DISH so they arent breaking any laws. The last couple of days have been frustrating though. I finally got FOX back, for now.

·
AllStar
56 Posts
James Long said:
Sorry for the ignorance ..... what is NPS? (National Public Service?) My channels go to 982 then jump to 6001.

Lost my distant feeds the end of November. Hopefully it's a temporary situation.

·
Legend
214 Posts
gijohn said:
Sorry for the ignorance ..... what is NPS? (National Public Service?) My channels go to 982 then jump to 6001.

Lost my distant feeds the end of November. Hopefully it's a temporary situation.
It's All American Direct/NPS (National Programming Services?) This is the "third party" dish is referring distant customers to get distant network programming using DISH networks equipment.

·
Super Moderator
53,505 Posts
Visit MyDistantNetworks.com

Apparently $2.50 per network, $9.00 for all four networks (if you qualify).
Subscription gives you both Atlanta and San Fransisco of each network you qualify for.

·
AllStar
56 Posts
James Long said:
Visit MyDistantNetworks.com

Apparently $2.50 per network, $9.00 for all four networks (if you qualify).
Subscription gives you both Atlanta and San Fransisco of each network you qualify for.
Just tried to "qualify" ...... no go.

BUT - I did get an immediate email saying the web site was experiencing high volume traffic, please give them my smart card number, etc and they'll let me know.

mmmmmmmm????

·
Legend
214 Posts
gijohn said:
Just tried to "qualify" ...... no go.

BUT - I did get an immediate email saying the web site was experiencing high volume traffic, please give them my smart card number, etc and they'll let me know.

mmmmmmmm????
It's legit, just watch channel 240 on your dish, charlie will go through his usual rants, then say you can get lifeline cable from your cable company, order distants and access them with your current dish equipment through AAD/NPS or in the broadcast I watched he even said if you cannot get what you want DirecTv is an option.

When "qualifying" it's not the same as if you called DISH as DISH gave them your phone number, address, city and zip if you were a current distants subscriber. You have to enter everything the way it is on your DISH bill. (You cannot put in a different address or city to cheat to get distants if Locals are in your area) After entering your dish billing information you go to a channels approval screen, tells you what you are approved for in your area. It also looks like they have someone double checking the accounts to make sure no one gets channels illegally because someone messed up and put NBC on my reciever on Saturday and by Monday it was removed from my account.

It also seems from reading the boards even if you had Distants but LiL is availible to you in your area you cannot get distants from this company. (I could be wrong, as i don't have LiL so I don't know what is up with that situation)

·
Icon
643 Posts
Ohioankev said:
It also seems from reading the boards even if you had Distants but LiL is availible to you in your area you cannot get distants from this company. (I could be wrong, as i don't have LiL so I don't know what is up with that situation)
No, the actual situation seems to be that if you subscribe to LIL then you cannot get NPS Distants.
Just LIL being offered is not relevant.

·
Super Moderator
53,505 Posts
If NPS were following the law whether or not you subscribe to LIL via another service would be totally irrelevant. Although distants are an optional service that satellite providers are not required to offer at all. Specifically denying service to LIL customers of E* seems unfair.

21 - 40 of 41 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.