DBSTalk Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Hall Of Fame
2,027 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Did anyone catch last night's episode with snippets from actual White House occupants and former Presidents talking about the work. Watching last night's episode should have been a homework assignment for all high school civics students.

·
Cool Member
13 Posts
Yeah, I saw it too. It was facinating to get a glimpse at what it's like inside the white house. I was impressed that they got 3 ex-presidents to be interviewed.

Isn't May a sweeps month? I can only imagine how good the next few episodes will be!

·
Hall Of Fame
2,027 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yeah, with all the tacky reality tv shows and cheezy situation comedies it is good to see there's still room for quality programming on over the air television.

·
Hall Of Fame
5,345 Posts
Sorry to descent here, but I gave the show a gigantic raspberry at the end. It would have been fine as a 5 minute snippet to show how accurate the portrayal of the process in the show is to reality. But other than that, it was (as the Simpsons call them) a lousy clip show! It was a way for NBC to get a not all new "All New Episode" cheap.

Then I had the problem with "equal time". Here I go bringing politics into a show that did its darndest to keep partisanship out of it. But I couldn't help to notice that out of all the people interviewed on the show, 3 were Republicans.

And then there is the REAL reason I didn't like the show: If I wanted a documentary on the White House, I would have tuned to PBS or Discovery! I wanted entertainment. This didn't fit the bill. At the very least do not call the show a West Wing episode! Bait and switch. :)

See ya
Tony

·
Arcane Movie Trivia King
1,806 Posts
not that i advocate the ingestion of illegal substances, but the west wing was a much more interesting show when aaron sorkin was writing his scripts whilst 'shroomin'....

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.