DBSTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Hall Of Fame
1,979 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
How is the status of the 129 in south Florida ? Can we now get the 110,119,129 and 118 with a single dish ? The 61.5 is not an option for me since I have no SE view and can only have one dish on the balcony.

Thanks for any updated info.

Sergio

·
Hall Of Fame
1,286 Posts
129 does not reach South florida. Goes just to the south of Orlando (not sure exactly how much farther, but not much)

·
Beware the Attack Basset
24,490 Posts
Note that at 29 degrees elevation, Ciel 2 may be able to reach South Florida. We'll have to see how it goes. It isn't like me trying to reach 61.5W which comes in at 11 degrees elevation.

·
Hall Of Fame
21,331 Posts
HD's for south Florida are on 61.5 and, for most that is the best place for them because of site lines. It's really quite high in the sky here. Sounds like you have a rather unique situation. :(

·
AllStar
66 Posts
Not sure about Western Arc for South Fla/. However,. I know Eastern Arc will be available on most of the Eastern half of the US, It will be necessary to use the 1000.4 dish to capture 61.5 ,72.7, and 77. Basically these will be facing the 61.5 direction.
Not sure if you could get a 1000.4, however, if you do you will need the necessary card which Dish issues.
I am in Tampa and went thru all the problems with 129 and finally they installed a 500 antenna for 61.5. This solved all my reception problems.
Now I have replaced the 1000 and 500 with a 1000.4. Probably the best engineering of a dish that Dish has ever come up with.
There are many posts centered on the Eastern Arc. Good Luck

·
1 Posts
I live in Miami, Actually in Brickell Avenue, in one of those fancy Building!
As Of now i dont have view to the eastern Arch, So I have 110,119 and 129, and I get very strong signal on 129 using a 1000.2 dish, Like I said I get very good signal but it will drop every 25 minutes because of the Wobble, which is a problem with echo 5, eventually they will replace it with CIEL2 it which will increase the signal and fix the wobble problem

I suggest you to go for it and set it up at 129 cause in Nov-Dic we gonna be fine down here in Miami

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.