DBSTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

What are channels 80-89?

2K views 15 replies 9 participants last post by  paulman182 
"if it's the FCC than why can I get the west coast (L.A.) locals along with my own locals (N.Y.) on dishnetwork ? It's been that way for me for 10+ years. I've gotten used to being able to see a primetime show 3 hours later if I missed it in my timezone. Something doesn't jive here.. FCC restrictions would affect both sat services, not just Directv."

You are "grandfathered" from a time that the laws were different. I also got east and west coast SD channels when I was with E*, even tho both E* and D* began offering my locals. I had the national feeds so long that I was allowed to keep them.

However, I am not up on the latest court decisions, you might end up losing them.

But let me get this straight--I'm on D*. If I get SD locals but NO HD locals, then I am eligible for the national HD feeds? Is this correct?

The folks at D* don't seem to understand this.

I can understand why the laws are what they are. The local stations want us to watch the local commercials, basically. If no one did, there would be no local stations, and then there would be no networks.

I only watch them for sports anyway, as I am a movie fan, but it would be nice to get NBC NFL games in HD.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.