DBSTalk Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

· Freethinker
3,179 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am moving in a couple of weeks and will be utilizing the D* Mover's Connection. They offered a free reciever so I ordered an H20. Naturally I am assuming I will get an H21 but was wondering if anyone here had any insight on if there were still occurrences of H20's being delivered.

Thanks.

· Hall Of Fame
6,417 Posts
I agree with Nick completely. I have been a happy customer for many years and it has always bewildered me that they cannot (or will not) tell you what you might receive when you place an order. If I ordered anything from any company and did not receive what I ordered, it would be refused upon delivery.

· Registered
8,035 Posts
You can insist on a H20 all you want. If they don't have one (which is likely as they have been out of production for a while), to give you, unless it's a refurb you'll just be spinning your wheels.

You can go down to your Chevy dealer and insist that they sell you a '67 Camero all you want, but your not going to get a new one. Although it would be nice. :grin:

· Freethinker
3,179 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
HDTVsportsfan said:
Why do you want an H20? OTA?

I would say the chances are pretty slim for an H20.
OTA is the reason. Also, my market (#112DMA) was skipped over for HD locals so it makes OTA that much more important.

I fully expect to get an H21 or H23 but I thought I'd ask.

· Hall Of Fame
6,417 Posts
RobertE said:
You can insist on a H20 all you want. If they don't have one (which is likely as they have been out of production for a while), to give you, unless it's a refurb you'll just be spinning your wheels.

You can go down to your Chevy dealer and insist that they sell you a '67 Camero all you want, but your not going to get a new one. Although it would be nice. :grin:
But they won't substitute a Chevette:)

· Legend
248 Posts
dave29 said:
you can order one from solidsignal.com
I wanted OTA on my replacement for an older Samsung unit, so I ordered it from SolidSignal. Even though I bought & paid for it from SS, so far as D* is concerned, the unit must be returned to them if I ever quit using D*'s services.

Sigh. Do you think they'd really, really come after it? Probably not.

Stan

· Registered
8,035 Posts
Stanley Kritzik said:
I wanted OTA on my replacement for an older Samsung unit, so I ordered it from SolidSignal. Even though I bought & paid for it from SS, so far as D* is concerned, the unit must be returned to them if I ever quit using D*'s services.

Sigh. Do you think they'd really, really come after it? Probably not.

Stan
Probably so, as it is a leased unit. Unless you paid a ridiculously high "retail" price.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.