DBSTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Mentor
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My job will require me to leave the country for six or more months starting in January. I currently lease a 622 receiver since March 2006. I called to ask if my account could be placed on hold and pay the $10.00 a month, but they refuse to do this because of the 18 month commitment. I will not pay for service I will not be able to use. Short of canceling the service and pay the extra fee's, what are my options?

·
Hall Of Fame
3,474 Posts
Sounds like either/or to me. Either you downgrade (if necessary) to the minimum monthly package required by your commitment, or you pay the penalties to end the commitment early. Add up the numbers and see which makes more sense for you.

·
Hall Of Fame
2,114 Posts
If you have a family member in town, you could also do a DishMover to their residence and at least let them get the benefit of the 622 (and I assume your TV as well?). 11 months at $13.33 is $146 to cancel. DishFAMILY + HD Enable + DVR is 11 @ $32 (add $5 for locals?) but someone could watch something.

·
Mentor
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I've no family that would be interested for the mover. I did check with them on downgrading to the cheapest service (Family Pack), but with all the fee's it would still be about $40.00. I emailed them with a possible solution of paying off the rest of the commitement fee and then putting the account on hold. I hope the let me know soon as I leave on Dec 15.

UPDATE: I just got a response from my email and they will let me put the account on hold. That was fast and show's if you have a complaint that the CSR's won't handle who to contact.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.