DBSTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
AllStar
74 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Sorry guys and gals, I hate to ask this uneducated question but what are the 72 and 95 sats for? Secondly if you have the 5 lnb dish wouldn't you need 2 addition ODUs to tune in these 2 sats? It seems to me that the 72 would be many degrees away in the sky line from the 95.....how could you get them on the same dish?

·
Legend
138 Posts
The 72 sat is for certain LIL markets to get their locals. It is only needed if your DMA has locals from that sat location. The 95 sat is for International programming like chinese and Hindi. It also has the Cricket programming on it. In order to receive either one of these locations you would have to have another dish.

·
Registered
12,558 Posts
Right. You would need to add two round single LNB dishes to the AT9 dish if you wanted to receive both 72.5-deg and 95-deg satellites. Not very many cities get their local channels from 72.5-deg, though, so relatively few customers need that. And, unless you subscribe to an International Channel package, you don't need the 95-deg satellite, either.

You can see which channels are beamed from each satellite here ....
http://www.lyngsat.com/packages/america.html

·
Legend
231 Posts
The 95 dish though isn't a standard DTV dish, correct me if I'm wrong. Isn't it a dish similar to the AT9 in terms of functionality?

·
Éminence grise
8,473 Posts
Terry K said:
The 95 dish though isn't a standard DTV dish, correct me if I'm wrong. Isn't it a dish similar to the AT9 in terms of functionality?
It may be linear polarization, rather than circular. Lyngsat shows the DTV transponders as L and R, but all the others (C anc Ku-band) show either V or H. It is used for DTV Latin America. If linear, it would require a different LNB.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.