DBSTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 77 Posts

·
AllStar
Joined
·
118 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'd make this a poll but lack the expertise.

Exit, stage left?

Endure the unendurable?

Switch "providers"?

If you have to ask for the price of the walletectomy you couldn't afford it
 

·
Hall Of Fame
Joined
·
5,580 Posts
karrank% said:
I'd make this a poll but lack the expertise.

Exit, stage left?

Endure the unendurable?

Switch "providers"?

If you have to ask for the price of the walletectomy you couldn't afford it
If you are asking what to do when your 2 yr. contract is up you basically have 2 options. Pay the going rate or leave.
 

·
Legend
Joined
·
151 Posts
Expecting a $5 increase, I'm considering dropping from AT200 to AT120 to save $15, but they've added a lot to AT200 in the last year or two, like Nat Geo and Science, and we like BBCA, so I'm torn. I need to drop Showtime to save $13, but I want to see Shameless and The Borgias. Decisions, decisions.
 

·
Cool Member
Joined
·
103 Posts
"John79605" said:
Expecting a $5 increase, I'm considering dropping from AT200 to AT120 to save $15, but they've added a lot to AT200 in the last year or two, like Nat Geo and Science, and we like BBCA, so I'm torn. I need to drop Showtime to save $13, but I want to see Shameless and The Borgias. Decisions, decisions.
Why don't you call and ask if dish can offer you showtime for half off for 6 months offer?
 

·
Hall Of Fame
Joined
·
6,226 Posts
Stewart Vernon said:
Same thing I always do... stay with Dish... sometimes I change my programming... but usually within a month or so DirecTV and Time Warner raise their prices too... so the choice of switching to save money is usually only a fleeting thing.
+1 I learned my lesson with U-verse.
 

·
Icon
Joined
·
1,164 Posts
If the increase is high, drop down a package.

Dish has been way more generous then DTV ever was when I was a sub there.

Hopefully it won't be much of a increase.:nono2:
 

·
Legend
Joined
·
151 Posts
satcrazy said:
If the increase is high, drop down a package.

Dish has been way more generous then DTV ever was when I was a sub there.

Hopefully it won't be much of a increase.:nono2:
Same here.

We currently have AT200 plus [email protected] w/722K dvr and it is pretty near the perfect package for us. If it's too large of an increase, we'll drop down to AT120+. But at this point our local cable options aren't that appealing and D* gets pricey after the promos are finished. That's why we stayed on after the AMC channels were dropped.
 

·
Mentor
Joined
·
43 Posts
If it is a $5 increase I probably gonna cut the cord completely. It would not do us any good to drop down because the few channels we watch are in the at200. We will just go with the roku and OTA.
 

·
Icon
Joined
·
862 Posts
I've read guesstimates of a $10 increase for each package plus a $10 increase in monthly DVR fees. If this happens I can imagine plenty of subs jumping ship because of the new customer incentives offered by "D" and most cable companies. I can also guess that when you call "E" to cancel you will be offered a plethora of discounts and extra's to stay. After no price increases for 2 years and the $$$ Hit Charlie took in the courts I expect that he'll be making that up somewhere.
 

·
Godfather
Joined
·
557 Posts
I believe a $10 increase for both packages and equipment would be suicide for DISH. I expect an increase, but not $20. I am already trying to figure out ways to make cuts to programming so I can afford to upgrade to Hopper/Joey system. A gigantic increase like that would force this 16 year customer to jump ship to D* or go OTA exclusive.
 

·
Godfather
Joined
·
312 Posts
david_jr said:
I believe a $10 increase for both packages and equipment would be suicide for DISH. I expect an increase, but not $20. I am already trying to figure out ways to make cuts to programming so I can afford to upgrade to Hopper/Joey system. A gigantic increase like that would force this 16 year customer to jump ship to D* or go OTA exclusive.
I think your right about that. A $20 increase would make a lot of people jump ship. I love my Hoppers but I would not stay if my bill went up $20 a month. I don't mind a little increase here and there. I think all of us are used to that but not a big $20 shot all at once.
 

·
Hall Of Fame
Joined
·
3,982 Posts
I went from paying about $40 for HD Absolute 2 years ago to $85 currently, if it is more than $5 total increase, I'll seriously consider going OTA ONLY!

Somebody's got to send a message to these clowns that we will not take being soaked year after year.

I suggest we all drop Dish if it is a $10 increase and plan to come back in 90 days as new customers with all the goodies of the new customer discount.

It would be quite a shock for them to experience a huge subscriber drop immediately when the price increase occurs.

Only if we act in concert will they see we mean business.
 

·
Super Moderator
Joined
·
21,658 Posts
Why even bother to get mad at someone's random rumors?

Hey, I imagined that Dish will drop prices $20 per month before raising them $10 so it will still be lower!

Yay!

Believe my random rumor :)

But seriously... this far out... people are probably just making stuff up to worry about. No need to worry until we get to February... then you can panic if you don't like the next increase.

Though, be aware... DirecTV and cable companies usually raise their rates 1-2 months out from there too... so don't go somewhere in a panic only to find they raised their rates too!
 
1 - 20 of 77 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top