DBSTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Icon
965 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
After looking at all the info put out yesterday on the iPhone and Apple TV I have come to the conclusion that Apple Inc, formerly known as Apple Computer, should buy D*.

I will call Steve on his new iPhone and let him know thats what I think they should do.:lol:

·
Lifetime Achiever
30,092 Posts
:(

No one in my opinion.
I think half of the problem out there in the industry is everyone is trying to buy everyone... Sell them off... so the top dogs can make more money on the stock transactions.

And then no stability can be gained in the companies... and long term projects (things that need to be long term), can get traction and get going.

·
Legend
182 Posts
Earl Bonovich said:
:(

No one in my opinion.
I think half of the problem out there in the industry is everyone is trying to buy everyone... Sell them off... so the top dogs can make more money on the stock transactions.

And then no stability can be gained in the companies... and long term projects (things that need to be long term), can get traction and get going.
I completely agree...if you just keep buying and selling a company or companies, they can never advance or prosper because all of the constant cycle of changes.

When Rupert got control of D* from Hughes, things changed and the company hasn't really advanced as far as they could have if Hughes would have stayed in primary control. Now with Liberty taking over, no it's not a good idea for them to sell again. Look at other companies that have been bought and sold every year or two...eventually the cycle ends the company. I don't really think that it would help (or has helped) make a positive impact for the company to change ownership 3-4 times in a 2-3 year span...If it continued to change ownership, the technology may never advance, new products or services may never come, and the company would just stay and stagnate while other respective companies constantly play auction with D*....not a good idea at all.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.