DBSTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Hall Of Fame
5,579 Posts
frank29 said:
For new installations, is the 5LNB the only dish? Or, does dish type vary by program package and/or reciever?
Yes your receivers and programming package determines which dish is installed. All new HD receivers require the AT9 dish. Spanish/Chinese programming can use the Phase 3 dish. Some local channels require a separate dish for 72.5 and internationals requires a 95 degree dish.:)

·
Legend
163 Posts
boba said:
Yes your receivers and programming package determines which dish is installed. All new HD receivers require the AT9 dish. Spanish/Chinese programming can use the Phase 3 dish. Some local channels require a separate dish for 72.5 and internationals requires a 95 degree dish.:)
is that the 1000 dish? or some other model. or is it a combo of the 1000 and the 500 or 300?

thanks
e..b

·
Registered
12,624 Posts

·
AllStar
71 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
litzdog911 said:
Those are Dish Network dish models. The common DirecTV dishes are shown here ....
http://www.solidsignal.com/satellite/directv_dish_antenna_types.asp
Thanks, that link cleared up things for me...as far as dish types.

Both DirecTV & BestBuy's website let you choose receiver & package; but, not dish type. It looks like if you choose the HD/DVR receiver you automatically get the "Five LNB Ka/Ku Dish Antenna for MPEG-4 Compression HD Programming (AT9)" dish?

DirecTV's website says the HD/DVR is backordered and it looks like they want to install something else before they put you on a waiting list for the HD/DVR.

BestBuy's website says the HD/DVR is backordered BUT they claim most stores have inventory. I guess I'll have to make a trip to BestBuy.

Are the AT9 dishes widely available? Is the only common shortage the HD/DVR receiver?

·
Éminence grise
8,473 Posts
frank29 said:
Thanks, that link cleared up things for me...as far as dish types.

Both DirecTV & BestBuy's website let you choose receiver & package; but, not dish type. It looks like if you choose the HD/DVR receiver you automatically get the "Five LNB Ka/Ku Dish Antenna for MPEG-4 Compression HD Programming (AT9)" dish?

DirecTV's website says the HD/DVR is backordered and it looks like they want to install something else before they put you on a waiting list for the HD/DVR.

BestBuy's website says the HD/DVR is backordered BUT they claim most stores have inventory. I guess I'll have to make a trip to BestBuy.

Are the AT9 dishes widely available? Is the only common shortage the HD/DVR receiver?
I don't think Best Buy carries the dishes. When I got my H20 receiver there, they said to call Directv to arrange for the dish. I had them (actually Ironwood) install the dish (no charge), figuring I could redo it if necessary (it wasn't). Most of my cabling was already in place.

HR20 DVRs are in short supply. You should probably call your Best Buy store first (both Best Buy and Circuit City have web sites where you can check local availability). In addition to the AT-9, the Slimline dish is also available. Supply of either shouldn't be a problem, but I don't think there are many places where you can walk in to purchase one. Installation shouldn't be difficult, but the adjustments are a bit tricky. A signal meter is recommended.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.