DBSTalk Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
AllStar
72 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I understand that only "test markets" have the THR22 as an option for them, so I guess I'm now wondering what the significance of that term is.

Part of my wanting to know is what the chances are that this is like a Beta release, or if there are functions or features that might come in a release coincident with or prior to the general release. Does "Test Market" mean that there's a chance for improvement? Or just that they want to slowly roll it out?

I want to know this because I am rather on the fence about things. I came to DirecTV because of the original, SD DirecTiVo. I upgraded to HD and got the HR10-250. While imperfect, I was really disappointed that I had to replace it with the HR21, and have long uttered the manta "worst DVR ever" when I've encountered things about it that I do not like, as well as eagerly awaiting the opportunity to have TiVo again.

What I've read about the THR22 gives me pause. Have I adapted to features of the HR21 which I will lose if I get the THR22? Will the HDUI on the HR21 also leave me feeling like the THR22 is outdated? Does the deprecation of features from the HR10-250 days make a big enough difference? (In particular, the removal of 30 Second Skip makes me ill.)

In the process, I've been evaluating switching to Comcast's Triple Play and buying into TiVo Premiere. I am so on the fence that I ordered the THR22 late last week, and this morning called to delay for a month. I am so torn, and I feel like I need to gather more info!​

·
AllStar
72 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Stuart Sweet said:
I don't see a lot of hope for 30-second skip being added soon, and whole-home - I hate to say "never" but I wouldn't hold your breath waiting.
From an uneducated point of view, Whole Home seems like a much bigger deal than 30-second skip. They *had* 30-second skip in the HR10...

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.