DBSTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2,913 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have "What About Brian" (first run and part of an SL) set to record tonight on ABC (HD - MPEG4). It's only 5:48pm on the left coast so the show hasen't aired yet but my HR-20 is showing an "X*" (that's a solid circle with an X through it).

When I look at the History it tells me that it wont record. Wont record, huh?

Has anyone else seen this error? What the heck does it mean? It is a first run tonight, my wife verified that...

I have since rebooted. Any thoughts?

·
I used to be a rocket scientist
12,182 Posts
I think that's supposed to indicate a recording canceled due to a conflict.

·
Godfather
340 Posts
Radio Enginerd said:
I have "What About Brian" (first run and part of an SL) set to record tonight on ABC (HD - MPEG4). It's only 5:48pm on the left coast so the show hasen't aired yet but my HR-20 is showing an "X*" (that's a solid circle with an X through it).

When I look at the History it tells me that it wont record. Wont record, huh?

Has anyone else seen this error? What the heck does it mean? It is a first run tonight, my wife verified that...

I have since rebooted. Any thoughts?
http://www.dbstalk.com/showthread.php?t=68699

·
Registered
2,913 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
mtnagel said:
THAT WAS QUICK... Thanks guys... Looks like tuner 2 stopped working on my HR-20 and now I have a ton of conflicts = DAMN.

Have NO IDEA why (over the weekend I was gone) tuner 2 stopped working...

·
Registered
2,913 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
g4jedi said:
It would appear that sometime either before or during Days Of Our Lives (my wifes show) tuner 2 on my HR-20 stopped working. Why the recording on tuner 1 (Days Of Our Lives) died 18 minutes in remains a mystery since nothing else was set to record at or between 1pm to 2pm PST.

Elen (set to record via SL) failed at 3pm PST on tuner 1 even though tuner 1 appeared to be working when I came home at 5pm PST. No conflicts at 3pm PST that would have had tuner 1 or 2 in use during that time.

Very confusing and a bit aggravating to my precious wife who has now lost records at the hand of the HR-20! :)

2 red button resets appear to have resolved the issue. Tuner 2 is now working again.

My NEW routine when I leave town for the weekend...

1. Lock House
2. Set the alarm
3. Red Button Reset the HR-20

:)

·
Cutting Edge: ECHELON '08
4,107 Posts
This symbol and many other tips and tricks are explained in the UNOFFICIAL HR20 Tips and Tricks. Click the link below.

- Craig

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.