DBSTalk Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Godfather
470 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I work night and when i get home i don't find anything to watch that interests me. I feel i am not taking advantage of what directv has to offer. I have an r22-100 with sd dvr service. What type of receiver do i need that's hd and can provide on demand service, internet etc. Also my hd tv would be in the living room and the computer is in a different room. Do they have a wirless router from the computer to the receiver? Please advise.

·
Geek til I die
9,821 Posts
You can get an HR34 on 2/9 with 5 tuners, or an HR2x with 2 tuners (cant specify which one they will send). All offer the on demand and internet apps.

Yes, a Wireless Connection Kit is available.

·
1*
10,289 Posts
gomezma1 said:
Do I need to let the CSR know about my situation so they can put it in the work order?
If you order the HR34 or even the HR2x, you just need to specify that you would like to be connected to the Internet for VOD. You can also state that you would like the wireless Cinema Connection Kit if you want to prod them along. That will get you what you need.

As part of the upgrade, they will replace your dish and use only one coax to each receiver that you have installed. You will also have to pay for HD service at $10/month, but you might be able to get that refunded back to you by signing up for AutoPay.

- Merg

·
Super Moderator
12,874 Posts
Also, your R22 will become an HD DVR once you upgrade to HD service (and add another HD receiver or DVR). Your least costly option would probably be to order an HD Receiver, keep the R22 as your DVR, and add whole-home service.

·
1*
10,289 Posts
"carl6" said:
Also, your R22 will become an HD DVR once you upgrade to HD service (and add another HD receiver or DVR). Your least costly option would probably be to order an HD Receiver, keep the R22 as your DVR, and add whole-home service.
The OP needs two HD receivers or HD-DVRs added still in order to get MRV turned on. The R22 will not count as an HD-DVR.

Also, I was under the impression that the OP only has the 1 receiver and is having it replaced.

- Merg

·
Super Moderator
12,874 Posts
gomezma1 said:
So when I upgrade, all of this will be included in the installation at no cost?
Probably not. You need to call and talk to a CSR and see what type of a deal they will offer you. That will depend on how long you have been a customer, what other offers (if any) you have taken advantage of, and other factors.

·
Legend
183 Posts
With the wired CCK you will need a coax line to where the modem/router is, or if there is a router or switch located at where the install of the receiver is the CCK can be installed there. I really love it when the customers have a router or switch located near the TV when I am doing installs. That usually happens when there is lots of game boxes or some kind of TV streaming box.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.