DBSTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
AllStar
94 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I took the 622 HD upgrade offer from dish. I upgraded from a 921 that I had purchased. The deal was supposed to be a $99 upgrade fee. I had to pay $199 up front and if I sent the 921 back to dish, when they received it, I was supposed to get $100 credited back to my bill. And then, if I upgraded to one of the new HD packages, and sent in some paperwork, I was supposed to get a $10 discount off my bill for 10 months, making the upgrade basically free.

Well, I paid the $199, and sent the 921 back to dish over two months ago. When I got another bill in showing the HD package, I filled out the paperwork, and sent that off (last month) for the $10 credit.

They received my 921 over 2 months ago and STILL haven't credited the $100 to my bill. I've called 3 times and am told every time that it will be credited to my next months bill. Then the next months bill arrives, and no credit. So I call again and am told the same thing again. I just got off the phone with Dish....again, and guess what I was told? Yup, it will be applied to my next months bill.

The $10 discount hasn't started yet either, but I realize that may take time considering I just submitted the paperwork last month.

I believe I signed a two year commitment for this deal/promotion. I want my $100!! If they keep this run around up, and I don't get my money, is that a breach in contract? Can I get out of the commitment and cancel dish?

The CSR will never pass me higher up the chain to get this resolved. Is there anyone I can contact?

·
Super Moderator
53,904 Posts
Email [email protected] ... provide as much timeline as you can. If you have tracking numbers that prove your receiver made it back to Dish Network that may help. The more info you can provide the better they can help you.

·
Banned
61 Posts
2 things come to my mind,
1.don't make the next payment, when they call you about it tell them to
take it out of the money they owe you.
2. a 15.00 letter to them from an atty, that will get there attention

·
Godfather
256 Posts
army1 said:
2 things come to my mind,
1.don't make the next payment, when they call you about it tell them to
take it out of the money they owe you.
2. a 15.00 letter to them from an atty, that will get there attention
Don't pay that bill and within 15 days you'll be staring at a blue screen, and if under contract 30 days later a few hundred in cancellation charges. (Yes, being shut off for failure to pay is considered a cancellation and charged accordingly.)

Option #2:

E-mail the customer support address on dishnetwork.com. The people that answer that address will send another e-mail elsewhere, and that should get you fixed up. Your choice.

·
Godfather
292 Posts
It took 4 months before I started receiving credits. Since you said you only started this process about two months ago, you still have some waiting to do. Be patient, it will come.

·
AllStar
62 Posts
Yep. Patience. Mailed my paperwork for $10+$10 credits on June 20. First credits actually showing now on the November bill. Four months, give or take. I emailed [email protected] in October, credits showed up shortly thereafter. Probably coincidence.

·
Icon
522 Posts
Well.
You are asking legal questions.
Look at it this way, how much will it cost you to find out if YOU can cancel their contract; and then how much will it cost you to prevail in a law suite?
Bob

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.