DBSTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Cool Member
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've only been with DISH about 2 months or so, so maybe this issued has happened before I got here.

I have timers on channel 405, which sometimes also show up on 404. I just went down to watch this mornings, and not only were they not there, all the timers were missing completely from the daily schedule.

Yes, these shows are still on every day, I just remade the timers.

So does anyone know what happened here?

·
622 Tips & Trick Keeper
9,880 Posts
Not sure.... Did you tyr a soft reboot first? Hold the power button down for a count of 10. I have seen in the past posts regarding this and usually a soft reboot restores them..

Soft reboot is usually the first thing to try when things seem to have gone south..

·
Cool Member
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Ron Barry said:
Not sure.... Did you tyr a soft reboot first? Hold the power button down for a count of 10. I have seen in the past posts regarding this and usually a soft reboot restores them..

Soft reboot is usually the first thing to try when things seem to have gone south..
I did not try that. Also, I did not make it clear that these are what would be season passes on TIVO. Yesterday they were there, and today they weren't.

·
622 Tips & Trick Keeper
9,880 Posts
You might want to do the soft reboot and then verify that you don't have duplicate timers or you can remove your timers and then reboot and see if the old ones appear again.

Personally if I did not have a lot of timers I would remove the timers and then reboot and see if the old ones appear again. If they don't, then re-add them back in. Safest approach as I see it.

·
AllStar
91 Posts
I've seen weird things happen with timers and schedules when the program guide gets messed up. I usually do a check switch to make it download a new program guide if a reboot doesn't fix it.

You go into the menu, then system setup, installation, point dish, check switch. I think that's it, I'm not at home so that's from memory. There is another post in the forum about a check switch causing some other problems, so find that one before you try this.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.