DBSTalk Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
When I was at CES last year, DirecTV was showing literature on a box that would act as the DirecTV receiver, but plug directly into your computer, so that the computer would handle the DVR aspects of things.

Does anyone know if that's still on the drawing board, or what ever became of it? I can't find the brochure i took home on it, so i forget what the model number was, but they had photos of the units and it was an 'official brochure', as if it were near production.

Anyone?

· Hall Of Fame
1,743 Posts
Gene on Long Island said:
When I was at CES last year, DirecTV was showing literature on a box that would act as the DirecTV receiver, but plug directly into your computer, so that the computer would handle the DVR aspects of things.

Does anyone know if that's still on the drawing board, or what ever became of it? I can't find the brochure i took home on it, so i forget what the model number was, but they had photos of the units and it was an 'official brochure', as if it were near production.

Anyone?
The HDPC-20 is currently in closed beta testing.

Ces2008 - Hdpc20
When is HDPC-20 going to be released?

· RIP
6,203 Posts
Gene on Long Island said:

Anyone?
Gene,

It may be quite awhile before we see that device. The upcoming release of Windows Media Center will not support the device. We can hope they do another release for Vista, but it may be on hold until Windows 7 (2010 release). Keep your fingers crossed.

· Hall Of Fame
1,764 Posts
Ken S said:
Gene,

It may be quite awhile before we see that device. The upcoming release of Windows Media Center will not support the device. We can hope they do another release for Vista, but it may be on hold until Windows 7 (2010 release). Keep your fingers crossed.
Possible, but there is always the possiblity that the unit is using a customized version of the OS that is only available to Directv. MS has been know to do that in the past with vertical market providers.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.