DBSTalk Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

· Hall Of Fame
2,669 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Last week, my HR20 opted not to record the Presidential Debate due to a "programming update." Having been burned once, I just checked my scheduled recording of tomorrow's VP Debate, and sure enough, it's gone. I just set it to record again, but I have a feeling that I'll be watching on YouTube again. What's up with the DVRs not recording the debates?

· Premium Member
41,526 Posts
RAD said:
You might want to set up the recording on a different channel/network, maybe just that channels EPG is FUBAR.
The first Thursday night SNL show I setup to record and it got canceled due to a programing update.
The program changed from being listed as "Saturday Night Live" to SNL Thursday.
I set the recording that morning and it failed by later that night.

· Hall Of Fame
3,913 Posts
You could just set up a manual recording for the channel you want to record, during the time the debate is on. I don't think manual recordings ever get canceled unless there is a conflict with other recordings.

· Superfly
4,572 Posts
I recorded the debate fine off of PBS, CNN and NBC. I set up three channels just to make sure I got it but all my recording links worked. I'm not sure what your problem was, islesfan, except if the info in the Guide changes between the time you set up your recording and the time the recording is to happen, that recording can be cancelled.

As for why your DVRs don't like the debates, it's that darn liberal mechanical bias. ;)

· Hall Of Fame
2,669 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Carl Spock said:
I recorded the debate fine off of PBS, CNN and NBC. I set up three channels just to make sure I got it but all my recording links worked. I'm not sure what your problem was, islesfan, except if the info in the Guide changes between the time you set up your recording and the time the recording is to happen, that recording can be cancelled.

As for why your DVRs don't like the debates, it's that darn liberal mechanical bias. ;)
You might be on to something, since both times I set the recording for Fox News. :lol:

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.