DBSTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Cool Member
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What kind of deals is DirecTV offering as incentives for the HR20-700? I went to their web site and signed up for their preorder list.
I'm kind of confused since I'm switching from a HDTIVO. WIth that I paid $1000 for it but I completely owned it. I know DirecTV now leases equipment for a certain monthly fee. From what I see it's $299 for the HR20 but yet it appears I still won't own it and I probably have to sign a 1 or 2 year committment and if I leave DirecTV they get the equipment back. Does this mean I have to pay a monthly 'lease' fee? Or do I simply pay the cost per receiver that I currently pay for my HDTIVO?
As well, I'm kind of out of the loop since I've been out of the country for almost the last month so I'm playing catch up now. I hadn't checked on here for the last 2 months so was shocked to see the HR20 is out now. From what I see it seems it came out but is in short supply and that now there's a shortage and a new, possibly updated, shipment coming out shortly, maybe the first week of November or so. I'm actually going to check at Best Buy and some other retailers in Denver where I live but I see www.valueelectronics.com claims they are getting some around November 4th. If I buy from someone like that what about the AT9 dish though. I know I need it for the new mpeg4 feeds which I want for HD Locals here but do I have to buy that separately or is there a deal where DirecTV will do a free install or give a free dish? I know often there are deals like that. I am glad to install the HR20 but won't be able to do the Dish.
Thanks in advance for any help.

·
I used to be a rocket scientist
12,182 Posts
Call Customer Retention and see what they'll do for you. I said Comcast keeps luring me with HD (which is true) and with one 10 second wait, the rep came back and offered me a totally free HR20 (installed today), free 5-LNB dish, free install. Some people are offered similar deals but have to pony up a credit card for upfront charges that are refunded through programming credits, others have gotten the same deal as me plus some free HD or premium programming. It just depends on the rep you get, your reputation as a customer in the eyes of D* and how persistent you are about getting the absolute best deal.

You'll have to agree to a 2-year committment and add the HD package for $10 a month (less any incentives you might be offered). If you are replacing an existing receiver on the account, there will be no additional receiver fee. If you already have a DVR on your account, there will be no additional DVR fee.

Hope this helps.

·
Cool Member
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Sounds great! I will be giving them a call. I already have the HD pkg. so won't have to add that.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.