DBSTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
First post here so please be gentle.
What is the better sat service provicer, dish or directv?
I had directv over ten years ago when it first came out. no problems but I moved and just went with cable. comcast pricing is out of control and the picture quality is horrible. It seems that directv has the best package right now. I am open to suggestions

·
Charter Gold Club Member
22,056 Posts
Welcome to DBSTak.com! :wave:

Your question has never been asked here before! :sure:

First, your decision should be made based on your own individual needs and your unique
viewing preferences. As you collect opinions here, keep in mind that almost everyone is
biased toward the provider/package they themselves have, if for no other reason than to
validate their own choices.

Whether you like sports, movies, family fare, hi-def, or foreign channels -- all plays into your
final decision. Finally, back off from the rhetoric here and take a look at both providers' web
sites to see what deals are being offered on hardware and programming packages.

Good luck on your quest, and be sure to let us know what you decide -- so that at least half
of us will feel validated -- and vindicated! :lol:

·
Old Guys Rule!
5,053 Posts
Nick speaks well. Both providers have their strengths and weaknesses. If HDTV is your forte, then Dish might be the better choice for now, since they have more HD content at present. Check both companies' web sites for package info -- both price and program content. Learn as much as you can before making the plunge.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.