"Die Hard"
"Matrix"
"Terminator"
other

yes, some are not even out yet, I know

·
Banned
11,498 Posts
Die Hard and The Hannibal Lector Triology (Manhunter, Silence of The Lambs, Hannibal)

The twosomes I like are Alex Cross (Morgan Freeman in Kiss The Girls and Along Came a Spider) and Jack Ryan (Harrison Ford in Clear And Present Danger and Patriot Games) I wish Ford would have played Ryan in The Sum Of All Fears.

·
Arcane Movie Trivia King
1,806 Posts
i don't know about trilogies, but some of my favorite series are/were the James Bond films(i'll probably get flamed, but my fav so far is on her majesty's secret service, a film i wish i wish i wish sean connery had starred in), the thin man series with william powell and myrna loy, the mr.moto series with peter lorre, pretty much all the weismueller tarzan films(certainly the ones with maureen o sullivan as jane), the hammer chris lee dracula films and the hammer peter cushing frankenstein films...

oh yes-and my all time guilty pleasure films-Born Losers, Billy Jack, The Trial of Billy Jack, and Billy Jack Goes to Washington-four perfectly awful films that i plan to get on dvd(have them on VHS already)....

oh yes-richard lester's three musketeers trilogy...

and they shoulda done a "streets of fire" trilogy...lol

:lol: :lol: :lol: :rolleyes: :lol: :hi:

·
Arcane Movie Trivia King
1,806 Posts
keep in mind that if the first film of the "trilogy" had tanked, there wouldn't have been two and three...

the ONLY exception i can think of is LOTR, which was originally designed as a trilogy from the start-the rest is just bantha fodder if someone ytells you they wanted to do a trilogy from the get go...lol

·
Banned
11,498 Posts
Terminator 3 is in the works

·
Arcane Movie Trivia King
1,806 Posts
I just picked up parts 1 & 2 of a film series that i enjoyed when they came out in the seventies-The Adventures of the Wilderness Family...

these were independantly made flcks that admittedly are obviously shoestring budget wise, but i really like the storyline about a suburban family that decides to chuck it all and move to the mountains...i have been going crazy trying to find part three-called "mountain family robinson" on dvd also to complete my collection(hence posting in the trilogy thread....)
very good family films...

·
Hall Of Fame
1,849 Posts
Another fine trilogy. I saw Iron Eagle and as an Air Force guy, I couldn't stomach it for long....

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.