DBSTalk Forum banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Banned
6,968 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
It seems at though the public has caught on about how great the DVD format is!

When I first got my DVD player I could name all the released DVD's off the top of my head. On other forums is was like a major event when a new DVD comes out. Now it seems as though DVD's are coming out faster then I have a chance to pre order them.

While many movies are now out on DVD many great movies still are not available on DVD. What movies do you wish were on DVD?

I can think of three big ones off the top of my head. (All of them Trilogys)

1) Star Wars
2) Back to the Future (which I hear is coming later this year)
3) Indiana Jones

What would you like to see on DVD?

·
Your Neighborhood Liasion
12,527 Posts
Twin Peaks, Season 2
Lost Highway
LOtR:FotR extended edition
Pearl Harbor extended edition
Harry Potter - should be here in a couple of weeks!
Definitely the 3 Scott listed
Survivor Season 3 highlights
24 Season One
Band of Brothers

·
Godfather
334 Posts
Also waiting for BTTF.

I can't wait for Monsters, Inc. to be released (9/2002). I knew when I saw it at the theater that it was a keeper.

·
Hall Of Fame
2,014 Posts
I'm trying to find the entire James Bond series in a box set... I probably haven't looked hard enough.

·
Your Neighborhood Liasion
12,527 Posts
Yes, and the new SE of Terminator is a must own! T2 is also available in several editions.

I'm also waiting very much for Babylon 5 DVD's!

·
Hall Of Fame
1,637 Posts
I always wait awhile to see if another release comes out with DTS or Superbit if it's not that way to begin with. Nothing irks me more than to plunk down $25 then another version comes out 2 months later that's better (probably for less money)!

RE: James Bond. If you are into high quality on DVD, the JB series has been ripped for poor PQ. Check out reviews at The Digital Bits before spending a wad for something you won't enjoy.

·
Hall Of Fame
1,849 Posts
Song of the South. A classic Disney that I've never seen, but not PC enough to be released. My parents loved the movie when they saw it and have always wanted to share it with us kids (all of us kids are over 30 now).

·
Banned
11,498 Posts
If your looking for T2 keep an eye on Best Buy. Thay had T2 SE a few months ago for $5.

·
Hall Of Fame
2,026 Posts
The Quiet Earth
Song of the South - I believe the only consumer copies available are of a laserdisc released for a short period, only in Japan.
IS 2001 A Space Odyssey out yet?

·
Arcane Movie Trivia King
1,806 Posts
Champagne for Caeser(the funniest film ever made)...

Toast of the Town

the dvd of the Magnificent seven has a neat commentary track with James Coburn, Eli Wallach, and thr Late Walter Mirisch(the producer)

·
God Bless America!
2,538 Posts
Waiting for Lord of the Rings, Monsters Inc, Star Wars Episode 2, Lilo and Stitch (yes, I know it's not even in theaters yet, but one can dream:) ).

·
Arcane Movie Trivia King
1,806 Posts
there are places you can get these if quality AND spiffs aren't big on your list of DVD wants:eek: :lol: ;) :shrug: :hi:

1 - 20 of 26 Posts