DBSTalk Forum banner
1 - 20 of 47 Posts

·
New Texan
11,465 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
What paid streaming services are you currently utilizing and are you taking advantage of any promotional offers? This is what I have:
  • Criterion Channel - Charter member
  • DirecTV Stream - Mother pays this
  • Prime Video - Part of Amazon Prime subscription
  • HBO Max - Part of my Gigabit Internet service
  • Disney+ - Part of my wireless plan beginning in November
  • Hulu (ad supported plan) - Part of my wireless plan beginning in November
  • ESPN+ - Part of my wireless plan beginning in November
  • Discovery+ - Part of my wireless plan beginning in November
  • SiriusXM (Audio) - Part of my SiriusXM car subscription

·
Legend
266 Posts
YouTube TV + Disney + Prime ($67.26/month not counting Prime since I use it for shipping primarily)
-- Until Football season is over then...

Hulu (no adds) + Paramount + Prime ($24.16/month not counting Prime)

·
Premium Member
2,603 Posts
  • Prime Video - Part of Amazon Prime subscription
  • HBO Max - Included with DirecTV Premier package
  • CineMax - Included with DirecTV Premier package
  • Showtime - Included with DirecTV Premier package
  • Starz - Included with DirecTV Premier package
  • Disney+ - Bought it with the 3 year discounted price before launch - Will not renew
  • Discovery+ - Ad Free
  • History Vault - Ad Free
  • AMC+ - Ad Free
  • Paramount+ - Ad Free

·
Icon
1,340 Posts
ESPN+ ... $70 per year
Paramount+ - No ads ... $50 this year, got a 50% first year discount
Peacock - No ads...$50 per year, due to Cox Internet subscription
FloSports Rugby ... $120 per year. Yeah, I know, but I love rugby.
Prime Video...$120 per year

Total: $410

Reduced my DirecTV from Premier to Choice, saving more than the $410.

·
Mentor
482 Posts
We just passed two years of being a streaming-only home. Here's what we subscribe to:
  • YouTube TV: $64.99
  • Netflix: $14.99
  • Disney Bundle (Hulu, Disney+, ESPN+): $13.99
  • Apple TV+: $4.99
  • HBO Max: $14.99
  • Spotify Family: $14.99
  • SiriusXM All-Access: $4.99 (Part of a 12-month promotion. Did not carry before the promotion.)
Our total monthly cost is $133.93. We also subscribe to NFL Sunday Ticket and NBA League Pass, but pay those costs up front. I know it doesn't work for some, dependent upon their preferences and wish lists. But we absolutely love being an all-streaming house and the flexibility it provides for us.

·
Icon
570 Posts
DirectTV Stream

That's it.

Reactions: B. Shoe

·
Legend
231 Posts
I'm subbed to ESPN+, Netflix, PrimeVideo, AppleTV (promo....will drop it.) And DTV Stream. Which segue's into a mini-rant. I'm signed up for Ultimate because it is the minimum package to carry the channels I want. I get Starz with it. I see nothing has changed over the years. You get movies and shows from forever ago that is seeming put on a endless loop. Perhaps it was a worthwhile value years ago but now it's worth next to nothing.

·
Icon
1,028 Posts
Subscribed to and use regularly
  • Netflix
  • Paramount +
  • Discovery + - picked it up when they had a good discount for a 1 year subscription
  • Disney + - got it back when they were offering 3 years subscriptions before the launch
  • SiriusXM All Access
  • Amazon Music

Getting as part of something else and rarely use
  • Prime Video - have it because of our Prime membership and it's the only one in this list that I occasionally stream from.
  • Hulu - comes as part of our Sprint/T-Mobile plan. Too many ads to bother with and no way to get a discount on the Ad Free level as part of a bundle with my existing Disney + subscription or as part of my T-Mobile plan.
  • Peacock - comes with our Xfinity subscription. I used it to stream Yellowstone and then never looked at it again
  • Apple TV - got a free subscription to it when we bought new phones awhile back. I set it up, looked at it once and never looked at it again. I'm not even sure if it's even active at this point

·
Mentor
482 Posts
  • Hulu - comes as part of our Sprint/T-Mobile plan. Too many ads to bother with and no way to get a discount on the Ad Free level as part of a bundle with my existing Disney + subscription or as part of my T-Mobile plan.
I'm assuming that you can't alter the Hulu subscription level because of Sprint/T-Mobile not offering a means to upgrade, even if you paid the difference for the higher tier?

·
Registered
2,100 Posts
I'm subbed to ESPN+, Netflix, PrimeVideo, AppleTV (promo....will drop it.) And DTV Stream. Which segue's into a mini-rant. I'm signed up for Ultimate because it is the minimum package to carry the channels I want. I get Starz with it. I see nothing has changed over the years. You get movies and shows from forever ago that is seeming put on a endless loop. Perhaps it was a worthwhile value years ago but now it's worth next to nothing.
DTV Stream's Ultimate package does not include Starz. But it does include StarzEncore, a suite of channels owned by Starz that used to simply be called Encore until a few years ago. StarzEncore plays older movies while the more premium service Starz airs some newer releases, along with a slate of new Starz original series which do not air on StarzEncore. I would agree that StarzEncore isn't worth very much, unless you're really into discovering or rewatching movies from decades past (most of them fairly forgettable, IMO).

Most operators don't sell StarzEncore as a standalone package. It's either bundled in with Starz (which typically sells for $9-11/mo) and/or it's included as part of a top-tier basic cable package, like DTV's Ultimate. However, Dish satellite does offer StarzEncore as a standalone add-on for $6/mo. But for that same price, I'd opt for Epix instead.

·
Hall Of Fame
6,099 Posts
That’s almost right. Ultimate does not include the Starz linear channels, but it does include all of Starz VOD.

1 - 20 of 47 Posts