DBSTalk Forum banner
21 - 40 of 47 Posts

·
Registered
2,100 Posts
That's almost right. Ultimate does not include the Starz linear channels, but it does include all of Starz VOD.
Really? That would be very odd. DTV's own info specifically shows that Starz is NOT part of Ultimate, only StarzEncore is. Can't imagine why the Starz content would be included in Ultimate's VOD library unless it was only temporarily there during a free preview period.

·
Registered
2,100 Posts
You're right. Somehow I missed 'encore' in the channel title. It is pure crapola that I wished I didn't pay for.
Yeah, well, that's the way channel bundles work. You have to pay for all the channels even though you only care about some of them. Also true of SVODs too, though. You have to pay the full price for Netflix even though only a fraction of their titles may interest you.

·
Hall Of Fame
6,099 Posts
Really? That would be very odd. DTV's own info specifically shows that Starz is NOT part of Ultimate, only StarzEncore is. Can't imagine why the Starz content would be included in Ultimate's VOD library unless it was only temporarily there during a free preview period.
Yes, really. DTVStream doesn't say so, but it is a fact at least right now.

Reactions: B. Shoe

·
Administrator
434 Posts
We have most of them...Netflix, Amazon, Apple TV+, HBO Max, Disney+, Showtime, Hulu, Paramount, Peacock Premium, Discovery+, SiriusXM...

Many are free or bundled w/ other stuff.

·
Icon
1,028 Posts
I'm assuming that you can't alter the Hulu subscription level because of Sprint/T-Mobile not offering a means to upgrade, even if you paid the difference for the higher tier?
Correct. The last time I looked, I think what we get through Sprint/T-Mobile is equivalent to the $5.99 a month Hulu plan (now it's $6.99). Unfortunately, neither Sprint, nor Hulu, offered a way to get a non-Ad version of Hulu with a $5.99/month discount. I'd actually be interested in a Hulu/ESPN+/Disney bundle, but I still have a couple of years on my pre-paid Disney plan and Sprint is giving me a $5.99 version of Hulu. If I could get a a bundle that takes into account that I've already paid for Disney and already get the Hulu Ad based level, I'd probably signup tomorrow.

·
Registered
1,407 Posts
Here is mine:
  • Prime Video - Included with Amazon Prime (annual subscription)
  • HBO Max - Included with AT&T Unlimited Elite plan
  • Curiosity Stream - Included with Altice/Suddenlink Internet plans *New*
  • Disney+ - Annual plan
  • Hulu - Ad version - Annual plan
  • Funimation - Premium Plus (annual) *Grandfathered - pricing*
  • Paramount+ - Limited Commercials (annual) *Grandfathered - tier/pricing*
  • Peacock - Monthly (only re-subscribed for Halloween Kills will cancel in November)
  • SiriusXM - Part of Music & Entertainment (formally Select) plan - Annual/Loyalty offer
Gaming related:
  • Nintendo Switch Online - Annual - Provides access to NES/SNES library
  • PlayStation Now - Annual - Streaming (select PS3 titles) / Streaming & Downloadable (select PS2 and PS4 titles)
    • PlayStation Plus - Annual - Includes 2-3 games per month (I usually pay for this one in cards when Black Friday deals are available)
  • Xbox Game Pass Ultimate - Monthly (I pay for this one when pre-pay cards are discounted for Black Friday)
    • Includes Xbox Live Gold (Includes 4 games/month) and Game Pass for Console & PC
    • Xbox Game Studios titles are released on Game Pass day and date with retail release.
Currently Inactive (I only subscribe to these when I want to watch something then cancel)
  • Netflix
  • Apple TV+
  • Crunchyroll
  • HIDIVE
  • Epix - Recently cancelled, currently caught up on original shows. Don't need to keep now that Pennyworth is moving to HBO Max and Paramount+ will receive MGM/UA titles in 2022 after their initial premiere on Epix.
  • AMC+
  • Showtime
  • Starz

·
Godfather
471 Posts
I find it humorous that so many of the posters here are listing Amazon Video only because you get it with Amazon Prime.

I'm the opposite. I get Amazon Prime only because it is part of my Amazon Video subscription. I had to break down and subscribe when the Grand Tour rolled out.

·
Hall Of Fame
3,243 Posts
I got hooked on Amazon Prime Video when they added all six seasons of Laugh In. However, I was already subscribed to Prime prior to that.

·
Mentor
482 Posts
I don't see much interesting on Prime Video to watch. If it wasn't included with Prime I wouldn't have it.
This is the boat we float on, in regards to Amazon Video. Is it part of our streaming capability? Sure. Did I list it in my subscription rundown in my earlier post? No. The app holds space on my Apple TV box, but I can recall just a handful of times that I've really utilized it. On the flip side, I do have a few friends that regularly watch some of their marquee programs.

·
Registered
2,100 Posts
This is the boat we float on, in regards to Amazon Video. Is it part of our streaming capability? Sure. Did I list it in my subscription rundown in my earlier post? No. The app holds space on my Apple TV box, but I can recall just a handful of times that I've really utilized it. On the flip side, I do have a few friends that regularly watch some of their marquee programs.
There have been a few months here and there, in years past, when I subscribed to *just* Prime Video. For me, it's not worth paying for an annual Prime subscription because I just don't buy enough from Amazon and when I do, it's typically a large enough amount to qualify for free shipping that takes several days to arrive, which is fine. (Frankly, if the cost is close, I prefer to buy from other companies.)

Prime Video has had a few things I've really enjoyed in the past (e.g. Red Oaks, early Transparent, etc.) but they've had less and less stuff over time that I've felt compelled to watch. And their UI has always been such a mess.

I seem to have settled into a pattern where HBO Max (ad-free) is the main subscription app that I keep year-round, or nearly so, while I pick up Hulu ad-free for a few months here and there when enough has cropped up there to merit re-subscription. (Watching Dopesick on Hulu at the moment and am really into it.) Meanwhile, I have a one-year subscription to Apple TV+ which I've been using quite a bit since the summer, so will probably keep it beyond the year. Also have Peacock Premium (with ads) for free, which I watch occasionally. Sometimes I pick up a premium like Showtime or Epix for a month or so.

Aside from paid services, I also watch quite a bit of YouTube, as well as some stuff here and there on the free PBS and Pluto TV apps.

At this point, I really only pick up Netflix for a month when a new season of Stranger Things or The Crown comes out. No interest in Disney+ or ESPN+. I did a one-month trial of Paramount+ which confirmed that it doesn't have enough stuff that appeals to me to justify a subscription. There are a few things I would watch on discovery+ but probably not enough to subscribe. Perhaps some or all of its content will end up inside HBO Max after next year's Warner/Discovery merger.

·
Mentor
482 Posts
I seem to have settled into a pattern where HBO Max (ad-free) is the main subscription app that I keep year-round, or nearly so, while I pick up Hulu ad-free for a few months here and there when enough has cropped up there to merit re-subscription. (Watching Dopesick on Hulu at the moment and am really into it.) Meanwhile, I have a one-year subscription to Apple TV+ which I've been using quite a bit since the summer, so will probably keep it beyond the year. Also have Peacock Premium (with ads) for free, which I watch occasionally. Sometimes I pick up a premium like Showtime or Epix for a month or so.
This is the strategy that I would *like* to have when it comes to keeping/picking up streaming subscriptions. The fiancé and the 13-year-old tend to have different viewpoints when it comes to things like Disney+ and Netflix. So I play the long game and keep the ladies in the household happy.

Reactions: NashGuy

·
Registered
2,100 Posts
For anyone interested, you can get one free month of both Paramount+ and Showtime if you sign up for the first time (or with a new email address) through Nov. 14. Sign up for a free one-week trial of Paramount+ through their site's front page. You can choose either the basic plan or the premium one (which has no ads on-demand and includes live local CBS), then use code VETERANS on the checkout page. After signing up, go to your Account page and add the Showtime add-on to your account. As their help page confirms, if you have a free trial of Paramount+ and you add the Showtime add-on, it will also be free for the duration of your Paramount+ trial.

Be sure to cancel the day before you will be billed for the combined services. Or if you only want to keep Paramount+, then cancel the Showtime add-on then. Right now, the combined regular monthly cost of the premium plan with the Showtime add-on is $15 (the same as ad-free HBO Max).

·
Registered
2,529 Posts
T-Mobile is offering one year of Paramount + free to subscribers, either internet or phone.
Paramount+ on Us: Subscription Included With Your Plan | T-Mobile

Currently I have Apple TV+ through T-Mobile free for a year. Amazon Video from Prime, Netflix free with my 55+ Magenta Max from T-Mobile, and Peacock free from Comcast. I did the Paramount + free deal also. I just need to remember and cancel the freebies before the year is up.

·
Geek til I die
9,821 Posts
Sling Blue + All In package
HBOMAX (free with internet)
Paramount+ (Free with Tmobile)
Disney+
Peacock (free version)
Bravia Core (free with Sony TV)
Fox Sports (Free with Sling for 4K broadcasts)
Prime Video (Free with Amazon Prime)
HDHomeRun DVR for locals

So basically, $56 a month for Sling plus Disney for $79/yr and HDHomeRun for $35/yr

·
Super Moderator
21,658 Posts
Way too many!

Youtube TV
HBO MAX
Amazon Prime
Disney+/Hulu/ESPN+ Bundle
AMC+
Peacock+
Netflix
Apple TV+

Full disclosure on the above... the Disney bundle I get "free" via Verizon. Same for AMC+. AMC+ I am full well dropping after the 1 year free offer... but the Disney bundle is with me free as long as I keep my current package.

21 - 40 of 47 Posts