DBSTalk Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

· Hall Of Fame
1,020 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The reason I ask is that my brother has a newer 5-lnb dish hooked up to his HR20 and H20 receivers in his house. He also has an older 3-lnb dish hooked up to a couple of older receivers, one being a HR10-250, in the apartment above his garage that his son lives/sponges. ;)

Anyway, his DVR service stopped for some unknown reason (he was getting an error on his receivers saying the service was not activated).

I told him to go online and refresh his services. He did, and the DVR service returned to his HR20, but not his HR10-250. He rebooted the 10-250 and still no luck. He then called DirecTv and they "Sent the signal" told him to wait 5-10 minutes and then it should return. It did not.

So this gets me thinking, is the "Refresh Services" signal sent via one of the new birds only available with the 5-lnb dish?

· Hall Of Fame
1,177 Posts
rrrick8 said:
The reason I ask is that my brother has a newer 5-lnb dish hooked up to his HR20 and H20 receivers in his house. He also has an older 3-lnb dish hooked up to a couple of older receivers, one being a HR10-250, in the apartment above his garage that his son lives/sponges. ;)

Anyway, his DVR service stopped for some unknown reason (he was getting an error on his receivers saying the service was not activated).

I told him to go online and refresh his services. He did, and the DVR service returned to his HR20, but not his HR10-250. He rebooted the 10-250 and still no luck. He then called DirecTv and they "Sent the signal" told him to wait 5-10 minutes and then it should return. It did not.

So this gets me thinking, is the "Refresh Services" signal sent via one of the new birds only available with the 5-lnb dish?
i know for sure that it doesnt come for the 'new birds". i myself done know but ask him, your brother, to refresh the card again to his hr10-250? also ask him to make sure he has tivo service active on his account. but i think another resend authorizations might help.

· Hall Of Fame
1,090 Posts
rrrick8 said:

DVR service for the old tivo models is actually on a different dvr service entry in directv's computer.

BTW the HR10-250 has been outdated and offered as a free replacement from directv since it does NNOT support mpeg4 (which more and more stations have changed over to on their system including their new lineup additions).

Either he needs to call it in to have it updated while he is on the phone; or call in to have it swapped out at no charge to him.

· Hall Of Fame
1,020 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
JLucPicard said:
Just out of curiosity, is the HR10-250 plugged into a phone line with a different number than the number associated with the account? Not sure if that matters, but I thought I'd toss that out there.
No. No phone line at all to it.

I had him refresh his services again and unplug the machine to reset.
He called late this afternoon to say it was now working.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.