DBSTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I live in Arkansas, and I'm 60 miles from the broadcast towers in Little Rock. E* doesn't have the Little Rock locals in HD. I recently signed up in July, and I have AT 60 (recently married, cheap).

I just got a 37 inch LCD for Christmas. What should I do?

Cable with Suddenlink? I would have to pay to get out of my 18-month commitment to E*, and I don't know what Suddenlink has for HD content. Their website sucks. I just know they seem more expensive than E* for monthly service.

Would an antenna work well, given my distance? Should I "move" to Dallas?

Thank you for your help.

· Hall Of Fame
3,055 Posts
You should check out AVSForum and see if they have an HDTV forum for your area, if so it would be the best bet for antenna suggestions for your area. 60 miles is pretty good distance but if there are no obstructions there are antennas out there that can pick up the signals, It would probably be pretty good sized. I'm thinking something like a Channel Master 4228 or 4248, but check out AVSForum first to see if you can get better regional assistance.

· Godfather
430 Posts
if the spotbeam charts are correct, you are too far from Dallas to pick up the spotbeam. so a move to dallas is not an option. alternatively, Kansas City has the big four in HD on a conus beam so you could definitely move there.

· Icon
687 Posts
Check your signal strength on 110 TP 20, 29, and 31.
That will tell you what your chances are of picking up the spot.

If your west of Little rock you should be ok. The spot maps are only estamates.

If you can get an OTA antenna atleast 30 feet in the air I would go for it.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.