DBSTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
AllStar
96 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
After formatting my HR20 I had to go through the whole setup again.
When I got to the Satellite lookup I noticed that while I get 60% signal on 103(a) but 90% and better on all the others. It also says i have no transponders on that satellite.

Is that correct or a source of concern?

·
Banned
614 Posts
sabex said:
When I got to the Satellite lookup I noticed that while I get 60% signal on 103(a) but 90% and better on all the others. It also says i have no transponders on that satellite.

You could get better readings if your dish is peaked. You don't have to necessarily get all tp's on 99 and 103, just the tp's for your market. I feel with a patient and qualified installer with a proper ka band meter, it could be peaked better for you. It seems many of the installers doing standard installs for customers are not peaking the signals as they should. If you have the protection plan, then a tech will come out for free and peak it better for you.

·
Registered
12,591 Posts
sabex said:

That might be normal for your location. I only get one transponder on the 103-deg satellite here in Seattle at a rather low "52" reading, but none of my channels are beamed from that satellite. You might be in a similar situation.

If you're getting all of your channels and not having major rain fade problems, then you're probably just fine.

·
AllStar
96 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
bobnielsen said:
99 and 103 carry local HD channels via spotbeam. The reading of 60 was probably a spotbeam for a nearby area, nothing to worry about.
I don't get any local HD so I guess I am good.
My concern would be: if & when I get local HD, would I then be receiveing a better signal?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.