DBSTalk Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Banned
632 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Suddenly, while switching from an SD channel to an HD channel, I get this big overlay on my screen saying something like "Get the most out of your HD. Press the format button until your resolution is set to 1080i". When I looked at my receiver I noticed it had switched by itself to 480i.

Having messed with the resolution before I knew that it cycled from 480 i to 480 p to 720p etc, with the choice of pillar box, stretch, etc. But not now. It goes direct from 480 to 720 to 1080i. I don't see anything here about software updates for the H20-100 last night. If I have to watch Fox News in SD at least let me stretch it in the meantime!

What gives?

·
The Shadow Knows!
37,060 Posts
Since you're saying that you have an H20, I'm moving this to the proper forum.

I think that what you have is basically a fluke. If anything I would try a reset and see if the problem reoccurs.

·
Banned
632 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Stuart Sweet said:
Since you're saying that you have an H20, I'm moving this to the proper forum.

I think that what you have is basically a fluke. If anything I would try a reset and see if the problem reoccurs.
I had to go into settings and reset it to stretch mode. I can see if the power went out or something, but it just decided to jump to 480i and pillar box mode right in the middle of watching tv.

·
blah blah blah
2,551 Posts
I've seen that routinely on my H20's. No idea why, I just reset.

·
Banned
632 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
JeffBowser said:
I've seen that routinely on my H20's. No idea why, I just reset.
This was the first time for me, after 1 1/2 years. Hence my shock, astonishment, depression, anxiety and nausea. Sorry, just practicing for my negligence lawsuit against Directv. :lol:

·
blah blah blah
2,551 Posts
:lol: I should correct myself a bit (had a few cocktails when I answered last night) - I see it here and there, and usually during a power on, rarely during channel changes.

mystic7 said:
This was the first time for me, after 1 1/2 years. Hence my shock, astonishment, depression, anxiety and nausea. Sorry, just practicing for my negligence lawsuit against Directv. :lol:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.