DBSTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
The Shadow Knows!
37,060 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Got my replacement HR20 yesterday. It seemed to be a new unit, not refurbed because it had a new access card and came in retail packaging with all the cables etc.

Note: It had a sticker on it that said HDMI. Inside was an average-looking HDMI cable. It's worth noting that my original HR20 (installed late Sept.) did not have an HDMI cable included.

After activating, I asked the CSR what to return in the box. She was not so sure, thought maybe the HR20 and remote only, but wouldn't commit. I said I "knew someone" who had returned an HR20 (meaning you folks) and would ask them.

So I'm asking --

For those on their second or successive HR20, what did you send back to D*? What did you keep? Certainly I have it from the CSR that I get to keep the cables (including the HDMI).

·
The Shadow Knows!
37,060 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
(tapping on microphone)

is this thing on?

·
Administrator
17,324 Posts
You should only have to return the HR20 itself along with the smart card. Just place the broken one in the box and ship it back. I would keep the HDMI cable if I were you.

·
Hall Of Fame
1,020 Posts
HR20 only I believe.

I have returned a couple of other recievers in the past and they only wanted the reciever. They did not want any cables or the remote.

·
Mentor
45 Posts
lamontcranston said:
For those on their second or successive HR20, what did you send back to D*? What did you keep? Certainly I have it from the CSR that I get to keep the cables (including the HDMI).
I've never sent back an HR20 but have sent back a DTIVO or two and the only thing I ever put in the box was the unit. I kept all of the cables and the remote.

·
The Shadow Knows!
37,060 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks, folks. Actually the new HR20 came with the RC34 remote, the old one had the RC24 and I actually prefer the old one better. The buttons on the RC34 look kind of horsey.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.