DBSTalk Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Hall Of Fame
5,046 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was just thinking, and it really wasn't to long ago the first DVD I bought, and the first DVD I watched.

First one I watched was the Matrix.
First one I bought was Jurassic Park 3.

·
Banned
11,498 Posts
First DVD watched- Deep Impact
First DVD purchased- The Negotiator

·
Hall Of Fame
1,036 Posts
Men in Black. Bought it at the same time as I bought the DVD player because it has lots of extra material.

·
Hall Of Fame
1,849 Posts
First DVD bought (actually received as a gift) - West Side Story
First DVD watched - Chicken Run
First DVD I actually bought - Perfect Storm

·
823 Posts
My first DVD was a Pioneer DV414.
Many years later, i've not yet rented my first DVD
i can't remember the first disk i purchased
The first DVD i watched was "Get Shorty". Our store had just received a shipment of Panasonic and Sony DVD players. The only disc we could play was a Panasonic demo disc. Customers wanted to see the real thing. My daughter and some other school teachers were going to Chicago for a long weekend in March. i asked her to stop at a Tower record store to pick up 3 titles. She returned home with 3 laser discs. She and the store clerk were sure i wanted laser and not DVD. Tower was very understanding and exchanged the discs via mail.
It's still one of my favorite movies.:D

·
Hall Of Fame
3,434 Posts
Had learned that HBO Mini Series "From the Earth to the Moon" would not be released for several more months on VHS. At that moment realized that I had to jump to the DVD world to see it. So bought my first DVD player to watch my first bought DVD (Box Set) "From the Earth to the Moon".

Talk about which came first the chicken or the egg :grin:

716 Posts
I got 5 free DVDs the day I bought my player. They were -

Blade
Austin Powers
Tomorrow Never Dies
Lethal Weapon 4
The Negotiator

I watched Blade first :)

·
Hall Of Fame
1,117 Posts
I got Seven, Music of the Heart, Sophie's Choice, and 2 others as an intro to Columbia House.

G

·
The first DVD I ever watched was Star Wars -- Episode I: The Phantom Menace. I was so impressed with the digital quality that I went out and bought it the next week. Once you go DVD, you'll never go back to VHS!

·
Hall Of Fame
21,331 Posts
Top Gun. My next will probably be Quigley Down Under. The sound of that gun going off is GREAT on a good audio system. I have a copy that I taped off my old C-band dish years ago and still enjoy this flick.

·
Hall Of Fame
1,637 Posts
My wife bought me T2 before I even had a player. Needless to say, I had one in the house within 30 days.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts