DBSTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
AllStar
69 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I plug my existing cable line in the back of the 622? Would I be able to get channels? I ask this because I can get 2 local HD channels through the cable, but they are on channels 88.1 and 114.1. I would love to have the ability to DVR off the cable signal. Thanks a bunch.

·
Hall Of Fame
2,130 Posts
g182237 said:
I plug my existing cable line in the back of the 622? Would I be able to get channels? I ask this because I can get 2 local HD channels through the cable, but they are on channels 88.1 and 114.1. I would love to have the ability to DVR off the cable signal. Thanks a bunch.
The answer is some of the time. It depends on the type of Cable. Most analog cable's will work. None of the digital cables. Note that you set your Cable type on the HDTV setup screen.

·
Hall Of Fame
2,498 Posts
tnsprin said:
The answer is some of the time. It depends on the type of Cable. Most analog cable's will work.
How can that be? The 622 doesn't have a NTSC (analog) tuner.

·
Hall Of Fame
1,476 Posts
As Bill R notes, the 622 doesn't have an analog tuner. Furthermore, receivers which do have an analog tuner and/or external inputs, e.g. the 921, don't have the capability to record analog signals. The only things they can record are digital broadcasts, by simply saving the unmolested stream to disk.

Anyhow, no, this isn't going to work.

·
Super Moderator
53,153 Posts
The only way it would work is if the cable company was passing through ATSC signals. Most opt for QAM.

That being said, I don't expect your ViP-622 to catch fire if you connect your cable service to the ATSC input on the 622 (but if it does I'm not taking responsibility).

·
Hall Of Fame
2,294 Posts
622 couldn't find any cable HD channels, the TV could and the 622 tuner is working from an antenna so it has be the cable co I have is using QAM not ATSC.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.