DBSTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Cool Member
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
When I do a signal test, I get good numbers on every satellite but 99b. On 99b, I get 'signal not acquired" on both cables.

I seem to be getting good reception on all the channels I would expect to be getting, though I don't have any sports packages.

Is 99b used for the sports packages, or is there some other reason why I wouldn't be getting a signal on this satellite?

·
Hall Of Fame
1,765 Posts
When the new birds launch this year what positions will they be at? I remember reading here that the 119 and 110 will become a thing of the past once the new sats are up. Will all the new HD channels be moving to new positions in the future. I get really good signal on 110 but 119 for me is aweful.

·
Hall Of Fame
3,876 Posts
It must be the San Diego beams I am catching the edge of.(in Phoenix) I see 45 on two transponders. I did a full reset (not sure if that is the "reformat" I have seen in other posts) and went through the guided setup. The 99(b) satellite was not included in the post setup test. It is there when you go to the signal strength screen. Since the last software update I am guessing depending on the zip entered when doing the guided setup, it exludes those birds not used for your DMA?

·
Lifetime Achiever
30,092 Posts
Mixer said:
When the new birds launch this year what positions will they be at? I remember reading here that the 119 and 110 will become a thing of the past once the new sats are up. Will all the new HD channels be moving to new positions in the future. I get really good signal on 110 but 119 for me is aweful.
119 and 110 are still going to be used, not sure for what though.
99 and 103 are where the vast majority of the HD content will be coming from.

·
Cutting Edge: ECHELON '07
2,533 Posts
Earl Bonovich said:
Maybe a VOD setup where they'll store shows on one band or probably just set it aside for more Business channels or maybe a new Satellite Phone Service!!! :D

·
Hall Of Fame
1,765 Posts
I sure hope they don;t put anything important like VOD content on the 119. I have a really hard time seeing the 119 unless it is a clear sunny day.

Coffey77 said:
Maybe a VOD setup where they'll store shows on one band or probably just set it aside for more Business channels or maybe a new Satellite Phone Service!!! :D

·
Cool Member
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Earl Bonovich said:
Earl, does that mean that if I am unable to get a signal on that satellite now, I might not be able to recieve the new HD content in the future?

·
Hall Of Fame
1,765 Posts
I dont think you have to worry about that. Unless you are getting locals from 99 or 103 there might not be a signal for you at 99 or 103. If you can get a signal on 101 there should be no rpblem at all getting one on 99 and 103 when the national prgramming is there.

Right? Wrong? Anyone?

Bugtracker said:
Earl, does that mean that if I am unable to get a signal on that satellite now, I might not be able to recieve the new HD content in the future?

·
Hall Of Fame
2,459 Posts
Earl Bonovich said:
With so many markets having their locals on 119, as well as 90% of the Spanish language programming, I don't see the 119 going away any time soon. D* only has authorization for three transponders on the 110, so I wouldn't try to guess if they would keep the 110. The 72.5 (locals only) is definitely a dead duck, though. Perhaps ther'll be a way for theym to migrate some channels to the 110 to clear more spot beam room for locals from the 72.5 to move to the 119.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.