DBSTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Legend
117 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am currently with D* (Not HD) with a DVR and just got a new plasma so I want to upgrade to an HD DVR. I have been watching the D* HD DVR development and it seems to be having problems, but may end up being good when all the bugs are worked out. Recently I got a letter from Dish that they want me back(Was previously with them but been away from them for 2 years), and I could get a VIP622 for $199 but then I would get $20 off for 10 months if I sign up for an HD package. Sounds like a good deal to me, but is it really - Are there any other deals I should look at considering I can come in under a new subscriber deal and its the holiday season, and I know the satellite companies are aggressive. Any online Dish dealers that have the best deals.

BTW: What is the ClubDish code - what does that do ?

Thanks

·
Hall Of Fame
2,114 Posts
I don't think a ClubDISH code would help a "returning" subscriber, only a "first time" subscriber. Either new/returning could qualify for the standard lease deal though.

http://www.dishnetwork.com/content/customercare/offers/clubdish/
ClubDISH Gift Card good for new, first-time DISH Network residential customers only.

I suppose you could try to be a "new" subscriber with a different name and phone number? It might be factored in to whatever offer you see in the letter (most of us don't get those. :))

The "regular" new/returning deal is you pay a $50 activation fee, commit to 18 months, and a $50 credit appears on the 1st bill. With ClubDISH, you don't have to pay the initial $50 activation, but still get the $50 credit. All of that is separate from the $199 622 HD DVR offer, or the $20/month for 10 month rebate deal.

Any existing DISH subscriber could provide you a ClubDISH code, but it seems like it can only be used by first timers.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.