DBSTalk Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· AllStar
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I posted this in the $10 off for 24 months thread but didn't get much of a response there, mainly I think because that thread is mostly other people thinking about signing up like I am with the same questions.

I just don't want to miss out on anything when I sign up, so here's what I've got figured out so far.

I'll need an HD DVR, an HD Receiver (or a 2nd HD DVR, it's not a big deal either way though), and an SD Receiver. So I'm looking at:

-Free Premiere Package for 4 months
-Free HBO, Starz, Showtime, and Cinemax for 4 months
-Free HD DVR
-Free DVR Service for 4 months
-$10 off for 24 months with AAA discount
-Free Showtime for a year (I just ask for this?)
-Free coupon book (again, I just ask?)
-$10 off for 5 months for referral

Am I missing anything? How much should I be paying for the 2nd HD Receiver, can I get it free? Also, what about Superfan? Any wiggle room on that? Or are they doing what they did last year where new subscribers can get the ST games in HD even without superfan?

Lastly, I'm assuming the Sunday Ticket deal replaces the $23 off for 12 months deal, and I'm not eligible for that?

· Hall Of Fame
3,682 Posts
FreeBaGeL said:
Lastly, I'm assuming the Sunday Ticket deal replaces the $23 off for 12 months deal, and I'm not eligible for that?
AFAIK that deal has indeed expired together with the free HBO, Starz and cinemax for 3 months offer.

· Icon
762 Posts
All you can do is call and see what you qualify for. It appears that the days of crazy dealers are going the way of the rotary phone. All you can do is make a deal that you are happy with and move on from there. If you are able to get all of the stuff you listed, I am not sure what the heck else you are looking for? It sure seems like a pile of goodies. The 2nd dvr will cost at most 199 dollars and possibly 99 dollars. At this point all you can do is call and ask and make sure you write down and document every aspect of the deal so if there are any questions once the deal is set and getting installed.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.