DBSTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

· Registered
2,913 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
For those that know me you're probably wondering why I am asking this question... I own a SWM8 and love it. I have a good friend that is jealous and really wants SWM. I've told him where to buy it and have offered to install it but he doesn't want to spend that kind of money.

We both live in a DMA thats installing SWMLine LNB's but from what I understand, it has to be a new account.

Any recommendations, other than telling him to buy a SWM8, on how he could get a SWMLine? He already has an AU9 installed.

· Registered
2,913 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Radio Enginerd said:
For those that know me you're probably wondering why I am asking this question... I own a SWM8 and love it. I have a good friend that is jealous and really wants SWM. I've told him where to buy it and have offered to install it but he doesn't want to spend that kind of money.

We both live in a DMA thats installing SWMLine LNB's but from what I understand, it has to be a new account.

Any recommendations, other than telling him to buy a SWM8, on how he could get a SWMLine? He already has an AU9 installed.
So I just looked on Solid Signal... Holy Crap, the price has dropped. $139.99 w/ $10 shipping for a SWM8 w/ PI. I think I need to tell my buddy to suck it up.

· Lifetime Achiever
10,820 Posts
The price dropped to $139.99 earlier this week at solidsignal.com.

As for the SWMLine the only way to get one that I know of is to be a new customer in a area that they are being installed as you said or I believe dave29 can get them too.

· Hall Of Fame
1,779 Posts
PACEMSO is having a 2 for 1 sale on the commercial accounts.
SWM available for $79.95 plus $15.00 for the PI.

Total is $95.00 plus shipping.

Availability must be pretty good now!!!

Doctor j

· Legend
212 Posts
We have SWMLines installed in Las Vegas (at least they are beginning to). An email (when I tried to get one) stated they will install with 5 "tuners" (2 HD DVR's and a regular...etc.). However, my friend merely added a 2nd HR21 to his existing account (HR20-700) and they swapped his LNB for a SWMline because the 2nd run would be too difficult. I think it depends on the install co. and what mood the supervisor is in.

1 Posts
Quick question - I am moving from my current house and have Directv w/AT9 dish to an existing house that once used DISH but now uses Cablevision. I have a HR20, 2 R15s and a D10.... since the "new" place is an older home with single cable runs, I would like to get a SWMLine.... any idea if these are being installed for "movers connection"-type folks?

Thanks...

· Lifetime Achiever
10,820 Posts
chezbill said:
Quick question - I am moving from my current house and have Directv w/AT9 dish to an existing house that once used DISH but now uses Cablevision. I have a HR20, 2 R15s and a D10.... since the "new" place is an older home with single cable runs, I would like to get a SWMLine.... any idea if these are being installed for "movers connection"-type folks?

Thanks...
:welcome_s to DBSTalk!

The SWMLine will not work with your R15's and D10.

It will only work with HR20, HR21, H20, H21, H23, R16, R22, and D12.

· Registered
2,913 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Mod's feel free to close this thread. I posted it before I realized the SWM retail price is $139.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.