Not open for further replies.
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
AllStar
93 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Call?
Email?
Actually have a technician come out when you know there is nothing they can do other than reboot the box?

I've been emailing as problems come up, is there a better way to make sure DirecTV knows which problems are occurring and how often?

·
Registered
5,957 Posts
rtphokie said:
Call?
Email?
Actually have a technician come out when you know there is nothing they can do other than reboot the box?

I've been emailing as problems come up, is there a better way to make sure DirecTV knows which problems are occurring and how often?
Posting here ....they information is being fed to them via the forums here and some people who have contacts inside D*. You are more likely to get the info to where it will do some good posting here than with phone calls/emails/letters.

There may be other reasons to contact D* (consideration/replacement of box, etc), but as far as bug reports, this is the best place.

·
Banned
614 Posts
rtphokie said:
Call?
Email?

Probably the best way is to schedule appointments with CEO and visit corporate daily to explain your gripes.:hurah:

·
Cutting Edge: ECHELON '08
4,107 Posts
The best way to be heard is to call. When you get a rep on the phone, ask for Advanced Technologies. That promotes you to Tier II. Ask to have your concern Escallated to Account Manangement.

They redeploy programming resources based upon the load that is going to their call centers.

- Craig

·
AllStar
87 Posts
Good luck getting to talk to somebody in the know or in a position to do something at DTV.

Try hopping on one leg while you pat your tummy and rub your head in a circular motion.

In other words, I have tried everything, and the powers that be at DTV aren't interested in being contacted. Just tell your problems to the CSRs and technical support people who say... and repeat after me... "We haven't received any other complaints". Or... "Try re-setting your receiver".

This is a recording.

·
Lifetime Achiever
21,331 Posts
If you have any intention of returning the unit or cancelling before the two year commitment is up because of the HR20 issues, then you should call and log the issues to your account.

If you want to help solve the problems faster, then list the details Earl needs here instead of (or in addition to) calling.

Cheers,
Tom

·
Godfather
420 Posts
tibber said:
If you have any intention of returning the unit or cancelling before the two year commitment is up because of the HR20 issues, then you should call and log the issues to your account.

If you want to help solve the problems faster, then list the details Earl needs here instead of (or in addition to) calling.

Cheers,
Tom
Call and threaten to switch. Money talks BS walks.

·
Legend
100 Posts
wakajawaka said:
Call and threaten to switch. Money talks BS walks.
Oh, brilliant, no wonder I get people all day that thinks they'll get whatever they want when they say, "I'm going to switch." Yes I'm a dtv csr cis and tier1. That approach might get you an apology and a programming discount, and little else.

·
AllStar
77 Posts
Dalek1963 said:
Oh, brilliant, no wonder I get people all day that thinks they'll get whatever they want when they say, "I'm going to switch." Yes I'm a dtv csr cis and tier1. That approach might get you an apology and a programming discount, and little else.
Or satisfaction, if ya end up liking the competition better.

·
Godfather
420 Posts
Dalek1963 said:
If all they want is a discount they will get the usual program discount, if in fact subscribers quit DTV (which I am considering) DTV must change. The market always wins.

·
Lifetime Achiever
21,331 Posts
Dalek1963 said:
Welcome to the forums, Dalek1963! :welcome_s

So long as both customer (who should basically rule) and CSR are polite and civil, there is nothing wrong with the customer expecting to receive good service. For instance, I like the Olive Garden, but I have been to one where the service was poor a couple of times. I spoke to the manager, who did give me a discount the worst time. Had the manager not worked to improve the service, I would have stopped going to that particular Olive Garden.

The HR20 fails all too frequently on its basic mission: recording and playback. Directv needs to accept fact, and address it with its customers politely. There are too many occurrances where CSRs do not know about the common problems. That isn't your fault, its the fault of management to communicate the information to the CSRs. (And I would think that would be very frustrating to the CSRs as well!)

Dalek1963, I hope you can continue to serve your customers real needs both here and on the phones. In that way, you'll serve Directv in the best possible way as well. :) but don't tell us anything that will get you in trouble.

Cheers,
Tom

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.