DBSTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
RBR Hitit tillit bricksit
266 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What is the latest wait time on the priority list? I ordered a upgrade early last week. The CRD CSR placed an order for a new HD rec and told me that she added me to the list for the HDDVR. The install is scheduled for this Tues for the HD rec but how long should I have to wait on the HDDVR? So no calls from them.

By the way, I am getting the HDDVR for nothing but a commitment plus they threw in a bunch of free programming etc.

How does this work anyway? The priority people call me and then I call back to place the order or what?

Hopefully the new OTA release will be here by the time they call me for the order for the HDDVR.

·
Mentor
36 Posts
Brantel said:
What is the latest wait time on the priority list? I ordered a upgrade early last week. The CRD CSR placed an order for a new HD rec and told me that she added me to the list for the HDDVR. The install is scheduled for this Tues for the HD rec but how long should I have to wait on the HDDVR? So no calls from them.

By the way, I am getting the HDDVR for nothing but a commitment plus they threw in a bunch of free programming etc.

How does this work anyway? The priority people call me and then I call back to place the order or what?

Hopefully the new OTA release will be here by the time they call me for the order for the HDDVR.
I ordered a HR20 today (to replace my owned HR10) and was given an installation date of 12/26. Not sure if the wait is due to the receiver or installation schedule. So, I would say the wait time is several weeks. Probably varies depending on region, however.

·
266 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
glennb said:
Keep checking your local electronics stores. You can get one quicker than waiting for DIRECTV.
If I do this, it cost me $300 plus I do not get a new dish. If I wait on D* then it cost me nothing....

I will wait!

·
266 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
chicago_cws said:
I ordered a HR20 today (to replace my owned HR10) and was given an installation date of 12/26. Not sure if the wait is due to the receiver or installation schedule. So, I would say the wait time is several weeks. Probably varies depending on region, however.
Did you have to wait on the priority list till they called or did you just call up D* and order it?

·
Éminence grise
8,473 Posts
Brantel said:
If I do this, it cost me $300 plus I do not get a new dish. If I wait on D* then it cost me nothing....

I will wait!
You will still get the dish installed for free. Directv may give you some programming credits also.

G

·
None of the Best Buy or Circuit City stores here in Atlanta seem to have it - I've checked their websites and all stores that pull up are showing out of stock, with the exception of one Best Buy, which I called and was told they didn't have it. I've put in an order with Best Buy to have one shipped from the warehouse, but I'm not optimistic that they will have it.

Anyone have any other ideas as to what other retailers might sell these?

·
Cool Member
10 Posts
I just called this morning. D* has them in stock. If you get the run around, ask for retention. They can hook you up.

BTW, anyone know if D* outsources its tier 1 call center to India? I got a guy named Jason at first with a very heavy Indian accent.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.