DBSTalk Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Cool Member
Joined
·
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is there any particular reason the csr is so insistent that I "make sure to fill out my rebate BEFORE the install gets to my house" to install? Is there any gotcha in this being done before he gets here? Like if my rebate has already been entered in the system and I decide to cancel before he even puts on his tool belt, I'll be charged a fee? Something just doesn't seem right. Or am I just being paranoid. (He's installing 3 rooms tomorrow).
 

·
MANC
Joined
·
1,510 Posts
Your being paranoid.

If you do it before the install the rebate should be on your first bill.

After the install you wont see the rebate on your first bill and will call and complain.

No one wants you to call.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
8,023 Posts
A lot of it is an attempt to avoid the pissed off customer who didn't bother with the rebate then call and complain about their bill after the fact.
 

·
Cool Member
Joined
·
28 Posts
I have a 'new customer' installation scheduled for today, and I also got the email about redeeming rebates (preferably before the installation), but the website tells me I'm not eligible for any rebates (on my order, they were all listed as 'instant' rebates). I suppose I should call and make sure that nothing got screwed up.
 

·
Icon
Joined
·
838 Posts
talktalktalk said:
Is there any particular reason the csr is so insistent that I "make sure to fill out my rebate BEFORE the install gets to my house" to install? Is there any gotcha in this being done before he gets here? Like if my rebate has already been entered in the system and I decide to cancel before he even puts on his tool belt, I'll be charged a fee? Something just doesn't seem right. Or am I just being paranoid. (He's installing 3 rooms tomorrow).
The gotcha if you do it after the install, means he has activated your receivers and account and the billing starts that day. It then means that the rebates, if activated after this date, goes through a longer process and can take up to 6 weeks to appear on your account. Dont ask me why - I am guessing a bad computer program or some form of manual entry.

Doing the rebates before means they will be applied as soon as billing starts.

Also doing them before and cancelling does not incur a fee.
 

·
Cool Member
Joined
·
28 Posts
Just called and talked to a CSR, and all of my rebates were applied up-front, so I don't need to do anything to 'redeem' them. The email telling me that I did need to do something was just wrong :)
 

·
Legend
Joined
·
151 Posts
2 kinds of rebates go on new customer orders. First is instant rebates, which markets like Indianapolis, some NC/SC areas and select other markets get on their bill. The max is $26 dollars and is taken care of when you place your order, so nothing is needed on your part. The email that goes out is generic and doesn't take into effect the rebate is instant. The 2nd is the National rebate, which is $26 for signing up and $5 for providing an email and agreeing to email communications. That MUST be done before install to get the full $31 off the bill. If it is done AFTER install, then you still get a discount but it is only the $26 discount. The reason we stress that when you set up is because if you call in and say you have a different price then what you were quoted an investigation is done. I had one done on me a month before I was promoted, and even though the recording clearly showed I informed customer to go to the link in their email and fill out rebate before install and customer agreed I was still penalized in my paycheck for the investigation. If we sound insistant to get confirmation that you understand the rebate process that is why, we don't want to be penalized for it
 

·
Large Member
Joined
·
4,867 Posts
MattScahum said:
I had one done on me a month before I was promoted, and even though the recording clearly showed I informed customer to go to the link in their email and fill out rebate before install and customer agreed I was still penalized in my paycheck for the investigation.
That sounds pretty unfair. What do they take out of your paycheck? I thought that was illegal. If they take it off a commission I can understand but if they take it off an hourly rate (or salary) then they are reducing your pay.
 

·
Legend
Joined
·
151 Posts
TBlazer07 said:
That sounds pretty unfair. What do they take out of your paycheck? I thought that was illegal. If they take it off a commission I can understand but if they take it off an hourly rate (or salary) then they are reducing your pay.
it is off the commission.
 

·
Hall Of Fame
Joined
·
16,344 Posts
"TBlazer07" said:
That sounds pretty unfair. What do they take out of your paycheck? I thought that was illegal. If they take it off a commission I can understand but if they take it off an hourly rate (or salary) then they are reducing your pay.
Even off commission I think it's unfair, unless they do not say what they are supposed to. If the investigation falls in favor of the rep, there should not be any penalty. You shouldn't be able to penalize someone for behavior they have no control over.
 

·
AllStar
Joined
·
95 Posts
dpeters11 said:
You shouldn't be able to penalize someone for behavior they have no control over.
BWWWWWHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA! If D* did that then they would have to quit screwing the installers/sales/tech support/etc all the time! :lol:
 
1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Top