DBSTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What's going on with Tivo? I see that there's the new Series 2, but nothing about a DirecTV receiver version... also, I see alot of yapping about a new Ultimate TV, but I'll be damned if I can actually find something on it.

I just got my DirecTV so I'm really itching to put the icing on the cake with one of these units, when or where can we get of of these?

·
Hall Of Fame
1,849 Posts
You can buy a Sony Ultimatetv at www.minidishes.tv for under $100 after rebate. I think the current price is $69 after rebate. There is a new software upgrade that really improved the search capabilites and sped up the operation of the unit.

You can also find a 70-hour RCA UTV receiver at www.americansatellite.com but it is too expensive IMHO. It is cheaper to buy two separate 35-hour receivers.

You will be happy with either DTivo or UTV. Both have some great features that truly enhance D*.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
So are the connections the same on the sony and the new rca? I hate to give up on new features like a broadband connection or something.

·
Hall Of Fame
1,849 Posts
Originally posted by Unregistered
So are the connections the same on the sony and the new rca? I hate to give up on new features like a broadband connection or something.
The main difference between the RCA and the Sony is that the RCA is black and the Sony is silver. Their inner workings and connections are exactly the same.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.