DBSTalk Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

· Godfather
370 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i guess i'm still thinking that it means the same as it did with tivo, which was that a first run can be a repeat, as long as it hasn't aired in the past 28 days.

actually, i think this must have changed in the past week or so. okay, i just checked and 0x235 came down on 6-17. did they change what 'first run' is at that time?

· Registered
5,451 Posts
First run is exactly the first time it has aired. It will say first aired 2/18/3008. If the date is 2/19/2008, then it played yesterday also. Only when First aired shows todays date is when it is NOT a repeat. Not many new shows get repeated on the same day unless it is a warning to place your head between your legs and .... you know the rest. :)

· Registered
2,143 Posts
Spanky_Partain said:
First run is exactly the first time it has aired. It will say first aired 2/18/3008. If the date is 2/19/2008, then it played yesterday also. Only when First aired shows todays date is when it is NOT a repeat. Not many new shows get repeated on the same day unless it is a warning to place your head between your legs and .... you know the rest. :)
Ah, but shows like COuntdown and some other cable shows do get double runs of the first run on the same day....not a lot but there are some. Just wish that these folks would provide tribune with accurate data.

· Registered
14,213 Posts
First Run is an indicator that we can't directly access from the behind the scenes data. As mentioned, it's supposed to tie in to the OAD - Original Air Date. If it's 7/8 and a new episode is on next Monday 7/14, then that future episode is considered First Run. However, as also mentioned, sometimes the data is incorrect from the service provider.

One thing I've learned to do is occasionally list all episodes for a series so I can look at the ONE PLACE in the interface where we can see actual First Run status. If you find an episodic program and press INFO, select Episodes. Above the episode list is a summary as follows:

Episodes: XX First Run / YY Total

Unfortunately, the count "XX" is all you get ... if you have 20 total titles listed and 10 are First Run (per the summary counts), you'd have to examine each program's specific Info details to look at the OAD to see which they are ...

· The Shadow Knows!
36,634 Posts
Drew is exactly right. It's not based on air date or anything you can see. It's a flag in the guide data.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.