DBSTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Cutting Edge: ECHELON '07
9,809 Posts
bobnielsen said:
I thought 95 was for CONUS sports broadcasts.
It is but only if you are authorized to get it otherwise it will be blacked out. Like the hockey games that have been on are for Center Ice. If you have Center Ice you'll get it AND if the feed is from your local RSN then you'll also get it. Until yesterday afternoon the Sharks/Red Wings game was supposed to be on only to be changed to an NBA *preseason* game, but I won't go there. Anyway, what would have happened if the Wings game was on is that those with FSN Detroit would get the game as those with Center Ice. It would be blacked out to everyone else. Exception would be if it's a Versus game which is a channel available to everyone.

·
9,809 Posts
DCSholtis said:
Not quite true, other than the Mavs/HDNet situation any game on Channel 95 regardless if you are in that teams DMA you will get the game without blackout. Your thinking if the game would be on Channel 96 or 97. I have the Center Ice package and have been watching hockey on 95 all season.
Nope, sorry, incorrect. Yes, you have Center Ice so you have no blackouts on 95 for NHL. I don't have Center Ice. So far any game that wasn't also on my local FSN or Versus has been blacked out because it's an out of market game. Same happened end of last NHL season when they started to carry some games on 95.

An example would be the Wings at Kings game a week ago. It was blacked out on 95 because it was a Fox Sports West production which is not my local RSN. Any Wings game on 95 that have been up so far that was from the Fox Sports Detroit feed was not blacked out because that is my local RSN.

·
9,809 Posts
njdboy said:
What's interesting is tonight Sharks vs Predators on channel 79, HD NET. Will that be blacked out? I think so, but they do show the game at 8:30pm, perhaps the later feed will not be blacked out for the Bay Area?
No, you should be fine. HDNet is a national feed. Unless something has changed I never had the HDNet feed blacked out in favor of my local RSN feed. I think HDNet pays for national HD broadcast rights. BUT now that Fox Sports is starting to offer HD games as well who knows. But I'd place a good bet you won't be blacked out on HDNet.

·
9,809 Posts
bwaldron said:
Well, unless things have changed this year, this is incorrect. Last year I was blacked out on every HDNet game involving the Lightning; had to watch the SD Sun Sports feed.
Then that would mean that in the Lightning home market your local RSN bought exclusive rights. In my market they did not. So it could be different from market to market, kinda like MLB.

No matter what, blackouts suck and are a mess.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.