DBSTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Impossible Dreamer
5,525 Posts
DCSholtis said:
Not quite true, other than the Mavs/HDNet situation any game on Channel 95 regardless if you are in that teams DMA you will get the game without blackout.
That's the way it has worked for NHL and MLB. However, last year the NBA games on 95 (RSN feeds) were blacked out for out-of-market folks, even if they subscribed to the NBA pass. The games on 95 produced by NBA-TV were available.

·
Impossible Dreamer
5,525 Posts
bonscott87 said:
No, you should be fine. HDNet is a national feed. Unless something has changed I never had the HDNet feed blacked out in favor of my local RSN feed. I think HDNet pays for national HD broadcast rights. BUT now that Fox Sports is starting to offer HD games as well who knows. But I'd place a good bet you won't be blacked out on HDNet.
Well, unless things have changed this year, this is incorrect. Last year I was blacked out on every HDNet game involving the Lightning; had to watch the SD Sun Sports feed.

·
Impossible Dreamer
5,525 Posts
bonscott87 said:
Then that would mean that in the Lightning home market your local RSN bought exclusive rights. In my market they did not. So it could be different from market to market, kinda like MLB.

No matter what, blackouts suck and are a mess.
Yeah, it may well be different in different markets. I am 100% certain that there are blackouts on HDNet in this market for games involving the Lightning. It's never fun to have to watch SD when there is a HD broadcast they won't let you see.

The team, though, is good about letting Center Ice folks watch the other team's broadcast when they aren't televising a game.

And yes, blackouts do suck and are a mess!!!

On a related point, I've never gotten a good explanation of why they can't let subscribers to the league passes see both RSN feeds of a game when both are broadcasting.

Ah, well.

·
Impossible Dreamer
5,525 Posts
njdboy said:
Guess what the sharks WERE blacked out in the Bay Area for the 5:00pm showing. So I guess HDNET doesn't have the national rights over local RSNs. The 8:30pm replay came through though.
Thanks for posting back. I thought you'd be blacked out (but sorry you were).

You know, I never even thought about what they were doing w/ the replays. Good to know that they're available for the few HDNet games I'm blacked out on.

·
Impossible Dreamer
5,525 Posts
njdboy said:
Yeah the timing worked out for me to watch the replay, my only complain is I stayed up until 11pm to see a goal go off our goalie from behind the net as the game winner. Geeez. I thought I was destined for overtime.

HDNET has added the Buffalo game for tomorrow I see. Seems like with HD games, it's all over the place, the schedule is constantly changing.
Yep, the guide data for 95 is a moving target indeed!

Glad to get the games, but it would be nice to be less surprised by some of them showing up.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.