DBSTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Cool Member
16 Posts
I had Sharks vs Red Wings blacked out yesterday for me and I live in San Jose. Talk about letdown when I saw nothing recorded.

What's interesting is tonight Sharks vs Predators on channel 79, HD NET. Will that be blacked out? I think so, but they do show the game at 8:30pm, perhaps the later feed will not be blacked out for the Bay Area?

·
Cool Member
16 Posts
bonscott87 said:
No, you should be fine. HDNet is a national feed. Unless something has changed I never had the HDNet feed blacked out in favor of my local RSN feed. I think HDNet pays for national HD broadcast rights. BUT now that Fox Sports is starting to offer HD games as well who knows. But I'd place a good bet you won't be blacked out on HDNet.
Yeah I was thinking that too, I think this is the first Sharks game on HDNET, so I have yet to see the consequences.

Hopefully ONE of the feeds (5pm or 8:30pm) will come through, that's all I ask :lol:

·
Cool Member
16 Posts
bonscott87 said:
No, you should be fine. HDNet is a national feed. Unless something has changed I never had the HDNet feed blacked out in favor of my local RSN feed. I think HDNet pays for national HD broadcast rights. BUT now that Fox Sports is starting to offer HD games as well who knows. But I'd place a good bet you won't be blacked out on HDNet.
Guess what the sharks WERE blacked out in the Bay Area for the 5:00pm showing. So I guess HDNET doesn't have the national rights over local RSNs. The 8:30pm replay came through though.

·
Cool Member
16 Posts
bwaldron said:
Thanks for posting back. I thought you'd be blacked out (but sorry you were).

You know, I never even thought about what they were doing w/ the replays. Good to know that they're available for the few HDNet games I'm blacked out on.
Yeah the timing worked out for me to watch the replay, my only complain is I stayed up until 11pm to see a goal go off our goalie from behind the net as the game winner. Geeez. I thought I was destined for overtime.

HDNET has added the Buffalo game for tomorrow I see. Seems like with HD games, it's all over the place, the schedule is constantly changing.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.