DBSTalk Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

· Cool Member
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What is going on with Showtime. Same program on 6 different channels. Checking the guide and it is that way throughout the week. Might have to call and ask for a discount as I dont need 6 of the same channels.

· Godfather
670 Posts
Thought I'd check the forum before contacting DTV. I'm resetting now. In light of the fact that Showtime is the only channel -- paid and otherwise -- to claim a weather-related programming problem is a pretty lame excuse.

· Hall Of Fame
5,376 Posts
kram said:
Thought I'd check the forum before contacting DTV. I'm resetting now. In light of the fact that Showtime is the only channel -- paid and otherwise -- to claim a weather-related programming problem is a pretty lame excuse.
Yeah, because it's not like 80% of Long Island, where they have their control and uplink is STILL without power and people are waiting on lines for hours to get gas. Blame LIPA for giving hospitals, police/fire stations, nursing homes and schools priority over an uplink facility for a premium cable channel. And this has happened before, FSN did it during Hurricane Rita when they had to evactuate their Houston uplink.

· Registered
14,539 Posts
kram said:
... to claim a weather-related programming problem is a pretty lame excuse.
Seriously? :rolleyes: Sandy flooded a lot of the east. Have a little heart & understanding. What's lame is you being up in arms over something so small when people lost their lives and homes.

· Hall Of Fame
7,054 Posts
kram said:
Wow..all I can say is unbelievable....:nono2:

· Godfather
670 Posts
I am truly sorry for the furor my post has caused. Though I think you might have misinterpreted its intention, I certainly can see now that I should have worded it a bit differently. Aren't we all guilty of that at one time or another? Believe me, I am not heartless and insensitive. I have friends and family on the East Coast, and I know the pain and suffering that Sandy has left in its wake. I have no idea from where the Showtime feed originates. All I was trying to say was that I didn't understand why Showtime was down if all other channels were up and running.

Again, my sincerest apologies to all for my post.

· Registered
14,539 Posts
kram said:
I am truly sorry for the furor my post has caused. Though I think you might have misinterpreted its intention, I certainly can see now that I should have worded it a bit differently. Aren't we all guilty of that at one time or another? Believe me, I am not heartless and insensitive. I have friends and family on the East Coast, and I know the pain and suffering that Sandy has left in its wake. I have no idea from where the Showtime feed originates. All I was trying to say was that I didn't understand why Showtime was down if all other channels were up and running.

Again, my sincerest apologies to all for my post.
I applaud this post. Well said this time. :)

· Hall Of Fame
3,254 Posts
Howie said:
Duh. I didn't even know it DST again. I feed stupid now.
I take it you didn't do anything that relied on the correct time all day Sunday.

There are still about a half-dozen clocks around my house that don't switch the time over automatically. And one nasty clock radio that still thinks we change times in October and April.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.