DBSTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
DBSTalk Club Member
721 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
There would be too many options for a poll here :) but I'd like to know which channels you consider the best in delivering and displaying HD content. I know the particlular program that's on at any given time affects the output too. Here's mine:

1. DiscHD - It seems most if not all programs on this channel are produced with HD in mind - going back to the course with HD cameras.
2. NBC local - this is heavily dependent on HD programming, show's like - yes - Jeopardy and the Tonight Show are awesome as is SNL. Heroes and Studio 60 are just OK - which makes me wonder if they are even shot in HD to begin with.

·
Hall Of Fame
1,765 Posts
For me HDNet has the best picture I have seen so far. My ABC local (NY) is my second favorite at this point.

·
Cutting Edge: ECHELON '08
4,107 Posts
theratpatrol said:
Not to be rude, but this question has already been asked.

http://www.dbstalk.com/showthread.php?t=66769
That poll was asked in a different forum, of different users, 45 days ago, and included Dish channels. This question is of HR20 users today.

I vote Discovery HD as a network.

I vote CSI:NY as a show. The theme song alone makes it a top pick. It is from the old quadraphonic sound and is still just amazing 30 years later.
- Craig

·
Registered
5,952 Posts
Discovery HD - no contest.

HD-NET - an honorable second which may be impacted by Disc-HD's stunning program material. (an unfair advantage, perhaps?)

·
DBSTalk Club Member
367 Posts
HDNet - no contest. Oh wait, folks have different interests and tastes... :D

·
Legend
204 Posts
HDNet has greatest picture, and I love watching it for that, but I find myself watching Universal HD for the shows that have lately. They have some good re-runs and I'm getting hooked on "Firefly" even though it's not the greatest show, just can't seem to stop watching!!

·
Legend
219 Posts
ktk0117 said:
HDNet has greatest picture, and I love watching it for that, but I find myself watching Universal HD for the shows that have lately. They have some good re-runs and I'm getting hooked on "Firefly" even though it's not the greatest show, just can't seem to stop watching!!
Disc HD, then HD Net, then CBS primetime via OTA

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.